Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements

Old 27th May 2012, 09:02 AM

Default Three New Aircraft Types in One Day

On Wednesday this week, I travelled from Canberra to RAAF Williamtown to deliver a lesson on accident investigation techniques. It was a short visit there and back in a day. Interestingly, the return flight back to Canberra was via Brisbane and strangely, this was the cheapest fare. So I decided what the heck, and besides, I had yet to fly on an Embraer 190. However, the flight between Newcastle and Brisbane was operated by a Fokker 100, despite my ticket referring to an Embraer 190. In the end, I flew on three flights in one day, on three aircraft types that I had never flown on before. Here's photos that I took of the aircraft that I flew on:

CBR-NTL - Brindabella Airlines BAe Jetstream 41 (VH-TAH):

NTL-BNE - Virgin Australia Fokker 100 (VH-XWM) (or should I say a wet-leased Alliance aircraft operated for Virgin Australia) Interestingly, the Safety Card was a Virgin Australia F100 Card:

BNE-CBR - Virgin Australia Embraer 190 (VH-ZPL)

While waiting for my Brisbane flight at Newcastle Airport I managed to get a picture of this Dash 8:

As well as a few Wedgetails, but unfortunately I packed light, so my zoom lens was back at home: