Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 8th February 2021, 08:37 PM

VUW

Will position to HKG (via DRW) for maintenance in the next couple of weeks
Old 9th February 2021, 09:53 AM

Thank you for the information you have been providing on Virgin movements, Dave. It is very helpful to us spotters trying to determine the future Virgin fleet of 56 B738s.

Are you or anyone else able to advise which of the Virgin B738 fleet that is currently inactive is being retained by Virgin for future return to service and which have been or are to be returned to lessor or sold?

I have the following Virgin and Tiger B738s as inactive and in storage at present - VH-VOR, VOQ, VOS, VOT; VH-VUA, VUB, VUD, VUE, VUW (to return to service after maintenance in HKG?), VUX, VUY; YFE, YFH, YFJ, YFL; YIW, YIZ; YVC.

VH-VUC and VOY are in Jinan for freighter conversion, so it is assumed they have been returned to lessor.

Maybe other B738s have been earmarked for lease to REX to achieve the additional aircraft they wish to have in service over the next 12 months.
Old 9th February 2021, 10:19 AM

Reviewing the CASA register, a number are now registered to other parties, so likely returned to lessors/financiers:
VOR, VOQ, VUD, YFH, YFJ: De Lore and Associates.
VOS, VOT, VUA, VUB: SMS Solvings
YFE: MACQUARIE AIRFINANCE ACQUISITIONS (UK) LIMITED

The following are still registered to VA, I am interested to know what their fate is:
VUE, VUW, VUX, VUY, YFL (MX in XSP), YIW, YIZ, YVC

My understanding is that BZG, VOM, VUU and VUV are destined for REX

Cheers.
Old 9th February 2021, 11:03 AM

I reckon the below are the future 56 VA fleet based on 'piecing bits together'. I may be wrong so someone at VA may be able to correct/confirm:

20 17 13 3 3 = 56

IA OK FC WA VA
IB OL FF WD VC
ID ON FK WE VD
IE OO FL
IF UG FR
IG UH FS
IH UK FT
IJ UL FU
IL UO FV
IM UP FW
IO UQ FX
IQ US FY
IR UT FZ
IS UW
IT UX
IU UY
IV UZ
IW
IY
IZ

I don't believe any of the "VH-YI*" are going!?

Last edited by Steve S... 2; 9th February 2021 at 11:20 AM.
Old 9th February 2021, 11:32 AM

20+18+13+3+3 = 57, not 56.
Plus the two 737-700s - VBY and VBZ.
Old 9th February 2021, 01:27 PM

Tristan, it was 20+17+13+3+3=56. Yes, my question was also about the two B737-7s that are currently flying for Virgin.

Just because the aircraft now have new owners, does that affect the operation of the aircraft with the airline? New lease probably, although the ten that you mention are all still in storage, as far as I can tell. Are they in storage for future operations with Virgin or awaiting future leases with other operators?

The four aircraft that you mention are going to REX and are still in CGK for maintenance, repainting and readiness.

Interesting list, Steve. A few that you have mentioned are in long-term storage, such as VUX & YIW.

Do you think that the B737-7s will leave the fleet? Virgin look to be operating them frequently from BNE to ADL and north along the QLD coast.
Old 9th February 2021, 01:40 PM

VA announced last September that the 56 would include the 737-700s

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...56-boeing-737s
Old 9th February 2021, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Smith View Post
Tristan, it was 20+17+13+3+3=56. Yes, my question was also about the two B737-7s that are currently flying for Virgin.

Just because the aircraft now have new owners, does that affect the operation of the aircraft with the airline? New lease probably, although the ten that you mention are all still in storage, as far as I can tell. Are they in storage for future operations with Virgin or awaiting future leases with other operators?

The four aircraft that you mention are going to REX and are still in CGK for maintenance, repainting and readiness.

Interesting list, Steve. A few that you have mentioned are in long-term storage, such as VUX & YIW.

Do you think that the B737-7s will leave the fleet? Virgin look to be operating them frequently from BNE to ADL and north along the QLD coast.
My apologies, I think I need to put my glasses on....
I believe my mistake came about because I had VUE in my list as well, making 57, VUE wasnt in Steve's list.

**Edit** Steve must have edited his post as it did previously have '18' in the second column .. makes me feel a little less mad.
Old 9th February 2021, 02:10 PM

My list is just a guide of how I see it so far based on what is known. The list should be altered as new information comes to hand.

I believe the 2x VA 737-700's are owned by VA and that is why they are still in the fleet. So who knows.

On another note, the ex VH-VBP was scrapped in the USA at a young age.
Old 9th February 2021, 11:20 PM

VBV was also broken up recently in the UK
29/3/24 QF2078 (TQH)
29/3/24 QF945 (VXA)
17/3/24 QF1268 (X4A)
17/3/24 QF1267 (X4A)
1/3/24 QF1274 (X4A)
1/3/24 QF1269 (X4B)