Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27th December 2008, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Mac View Post
Gday guys. I have been following this thread with great interest and thought I might add my 2 cents worth. I have been using woolies fuel for years. I use it in my V6 Prado 4WD, Holden Barina, ski boat and in my motorcycle (CBR600). I have never experienced any troubles with any of my engines/injectors in the vehicles/boat listed above. The Prado has 110,000km's on the clock and 90 per cent of those km's are on Woolies fuel. The Barina has 32,000km on the clock and 100 percent of those are on woolies fuel as the car is leased and came with a caltex fuel card.

Most of the time I use woolies premium ulp(believe it is caltex vortex) fuel in the boat but on the odd occasion have used BP ultimate. I do notice a slight increase in performance using the BP over the Vortex.

Cheers
There are two types of Woolies petrol stations. There are the ones which are really Caltex owned and operated, but also have Woolworths branding and those that were originally Woolworths stations and now sell Caltex fuel. There is nothing at all wrong with Caltex fuel, the cheaper and crappier fuel generaly ends up in the no name indepenants or stations where storage facilities isn't up to scratch.

Most of the brand name staions have such a high fuel turn over it doesn't sit long enough to go bad. One where I used to work in Canberra sold about 70,000 a day.