Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 14th January 2009, 03:51 PM

Default Qantas Intl NS09 Schedule Update?

Hey all,

As some may know the NS schedule begins from MAR29 I have noticed the QF schedule has not been updated at all, except for the cuts to MEL-PVG-MEL and the increase of SYD-PVG-SYD to daily.

Anyone know of any other changes that are on the way? A330s to MNL and PER-NRT perhaps?

Thanks
Old 11th February 2009, 04:29 PM

Here are some updates:

*MEL-PVG vv cut, SYD-PVG-SYD increases to daily A332. (Eff from MAR29)

*A333 replaces A332 on the SYD-PEK-SYD route. (Eff from MAR29)

*A380 QF31/32 SYD-SIN-LHR services increase from 3x to 5x weekly. (Eff from JUN09)

*A380 QF11/12 SYD-LAX-SYD services increase from 3x to 4x weekly. (Eff from JUN09)

Must be plenty of spare B744/A330 Intl capacity. A333s will be operating numerous weekly domestic services to/from PER.
Old 12th February 2009, 01:43 AM

Perhaps they can *finally* get rid of the 763's on int'l duties (syd-hnl, per-nrt)

Though thats been said very often
Old 12th February 2009, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Myer View Post
Must be plenty of spare B744/A330 Intl capacity. A333s will be operating numerous weekly domestic services to/from PER.
How about the B744s? Why QF don't use the spare B744s and try to operate more routes out?
I remembered QF claimed she's not doing well internationally and need external assistance etc., but its international network, even as near as in East Asia, still have lots of rooms to improve.
I think QF can try to expend its network, using the spare planes to operate its own service to ICN, DXB, TPE, MEX etc., rather to leave them idle.
Old 12th February 2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur T View Post
I think QF can try to expend its network, using the spare planes to operate its own service to ICN, DXB, TPE, MEX etc., rather to leave them idle.
Personally I'd like them to be less utilised than they have been in the past couple of years. That way we may see some better on time performance and schedule integrity again.
Old 12th February 2009, 08:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys Xanthis View Post
Perhaps they can *finally* get rid of the 763's on int'l duties (syd-hnl, per-nrt)

Though thats been said very often
B763's are designed for international routes, using them on high cycle domestic routes is not how they are best utilised.
Old 12th February 2009, 11:32 AM

Martin, tell me why the 767 are no good for domestic use. Because DJ do not use them, is that why? Not all airlines think of small aircraft. Look at what Japan use for domestic services.
Old 12th February 2009, 11:53 AM
Banned

Got nothing to do with DJ. Why do you think everything is DJ related Ultimately the B767 best use is on international routes, by saying that I am talkiing turn around time etc, but there are going to be routes/countries as you say Japan, that they do suit.
Old 12th February 2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty H View Post
Ultimately the B767 best use is on international routes, by saying that I am talkiing turn around time etc, but there are going to be routes/countries as you say Japan, that they do suit.
Turn times?! Qantas routinely turns full 763s in a 30/224 configuration in 45 mins - almost as quick as a 73H! These aircraft are completely optimised for Qantas' domestic purposes. Good freight capacity and widebody appeal. Large enough J cabin. The list goes on.

These aircraft are just as comfortable on a SYD-MEL as they are on SYD-PER. On SYD-MEL the capacity of these aircraft is absolutely needed - much more efficient than having to run extra 73Hs to move the required number of pax.

In Qantas' situation the 763s are the perfect fit for domestic ops. More so than the other widebodies in the fleet. Or are you saying Qantas should use 330s or 744s in their place?
Old 12th February 2009, 04:35 PM
Banned

15 mins slower than a 738 to turn, 4-5 tonne more fuel than a 738 MEL-SYD, at least 2-3 more employees than a 738 in a turn around.