Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion

Old 5th March 2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
I'd say any performance gain in plugging it into a LCD/Plasma TV would be because of the reduced resolution - most LCD's/Plasmas will only accept PC input at 1366x768.
That's exactly what I was thinking. But when I read the earlier post I thought maybe the newer technologies have made it possible to achieve either same (or perhaps even better) resolution while still making the game even more "playable" than if you had been playing the entire thing on a laptop/PC.

However I can only imagine that it would be totally awesome to play on a whopping massive TV screen with a full surround sound home theatre system providing an exhilarating experience
Old 5th March 2009, 02:54 PM

It could actually make things worse. The PC may have to scale the image to a resolution that is not native to the TV hence the reason all manufacturers recommend PC Monitors and the like be used at the native resolution for that particular monitor.
Old 5th March 2009, 03:57 PM

A good website i found that has some aircraft & has over 100 different aircraft textures on it (eg Air Vanuatu 737-800 paint scheme).

Website is: FS-files.com. You have to become a member but its usually free to join.

Cheers,
Jayden
Old 6th March 2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Knudsen View Post
I'd say any performance gain in plugging it into a LCD/Plasma TV would be because of the reduced resolution - most LCD's/Plasmas will only accept PC input at 1366x768.
I can't remember what resolution I am using, I can check that out if you like. But all I know is that I can play FSX on the TV without any lag and while all of the setting are on High. I have 2 saved settings, 1 for playing on the laptop screen (which is toned down) and the other on full for playing on the TV. I can't help but think that when it's plugged into the TV, the laptop saves processing power from projecting the picture on it's own screen as it is assisted by the TV's own processing power.

Russell, TV's are so cheap these days that i've often thought about buying another 2 and setting them up just for FSX. I've always thought i'd like to have something like 9 or 10 17-19" pc screens. This way i'd only have to buy another 2 TV's. Or maybe that's a little bit overboard
Old 13th March 2009, 12:44 PM

This guys has seriously taken Flight Sim to a different level!

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2009/...447451617.html

Cheers

M
Old 12th August 2009, 12:54 PM

Just wondering if anyone can help me. I downloaded the latest service pack for fsx and changed a few of the setting, now i don't have any aircraft traffic at all. I even went and changed traffic to max on all of it and still nothing.
Does anyone know how to get it back? Is it something to do with the number of frames per second or the settings?

Thanks in advance

Old 1st September 2009, 09:12 PM

here's a few from my FSX adventures,
As u can see its come along way

App into YSSY

Dep YSSY

Dep YBBN

YMML Ariel

YMML Ariel

Old 1st September 2009, 09:23 PM

Default Fs x

Josh, what Melbourne scenery are you using?

Dad tried the FTX scenery and it made his slow and jittery.

My Stuff on the web
http://www.ryanhothersall.net/
Old 1st September 2009, 10:12 PM

That Melbourne scenery is not very accurate: there are plenty of spaces available in front of the Hilton...
Old 2nd September 2009, 07:20 PM

Hi Ryan,
I'm using FTX Australia and FTX YMML there,
Its pretty cpu intensive software but after the service packs and updates I get a well rounded performance flying in and out of YMML...
There various options U can check and un-check to help with frame rates plus their support forum is 2nd to none for help hints and idea's!!