Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion

Old 17th May 2011, 10:17 PM

Default QF A380 Kids and Seats

Hi all, after a bit of advise.

We are traveling QF9 to London and return on QF10 in December / January. A/C shows to be an A380. We have 2 kids, 1 and 4, which we have bought seats for.

Questions:

I am looking at seatguru to work on which seats to get. Given that the kids have theoir own seats, is there any restriction on the number of kids in a row? I was looking at 52 or 81 DEFG.

How far ahead can I select seats?

Anyone had these seats or anything else re the a380 and children?

Many thanks

Adrian
Old 18th May 2011, 10:02 AM

Hi Adrian,

you can select and pay for advance seat selection at time of booking it is from meory $20 per seat per sector although I'm not 100% sure. I know advance seat selection is free for Qantas frequent flyers with silver status and higher. I'm not sure how available row 52 will be as again these seats are generally reserved for higher tier status PAX although it is worth giving it a shot and you can always ask at check-in. Hope this helps a bit, sorry not sure about the limit on number of kids in a row.
Old 18th May 2011, 11:14 AM

the only real restriction is with the amount of children/infants sitting on parents laps in the same row , due to the amount of oxygen masks.
individuals taking up a single seat is ok , just concerned what they would say about the 1y.o. in their own seat..depends on what their policy is, but if they are seated next to a parent i would say it's allright..
Old 18th May 2011, 06:02 PM

Thanks guys,

The 1yo will be 2 during the trip, and is was better to get a seat in both directions and get the full luggage allowance, not to mention having a child on your lap for 24 hours.