Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Services and General > Admin and Feedback

View Poll Results: Should posts which quote the entire above post be moderated?
Yes - they should be moderated. 27 65.85%
No - they should be left as is. 14 34.15%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24th December 2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris d View Post
The quote feature would be far improved if it were modified so that the quote is limited to selected text only. It is done that way on a number of other forums.
Here here
Old 24th December 2009, 05:40 PM

Have to agree with Andrew here.

Whilst some should be moderated- it is currently being overdone imho, and the bold messages left under a users name and post are very childish and in my opinion totally unnecessary.

Fair few people have left because of the politics like this, so why not let the ball roll unless a topic gets out of hand for example or someone is quoting a whole post of a page
Old 24th December 2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_L

Whilst some should be moderated- it is currently being overdone imho, and the bold messages left under a users name and post are very childish and in my opinion totally unnecessary.

Fair few people have left because of the politics like this, so why not let the ball roll unless a topic gets out of hand for example or someone is quoting a whole post of a page
Matt,

It may in some instances be overdone, but you, as a repeat offender should appreciate the mods tolerance of your antics.

Whilst to some degree I can understand the mods concerns a certain few repeat offenders, this issue, along with the literacy levels on the board will continue to be a thorn in the side.

My opinion only,

Name and shame the repeat offenders, but give peace a chance and let those who infringe rarely to have the opportunity to rectify their path to righteousness.

Peace be with you
Old 25th December 2009, 06:54 AM

Smile Consensus

Quote only the quotable, and moderate in moderation, if I may be so bold.

And after this anniversary of the three wise men, please all have an awesome twenty-ten!

Old 1st January 2010, 06:46 PM

I didn't have a problem with the mods previous methods of cracking down on the quotes because it just gets to the point when people don't use the reply button and just go straight to quote. You get ridiculous quotes like # 33 in Anthony's thread "You dont see this any more". Those are the ones that really need to be sorted out, as we don't need the photos to be quoted when they are one post above and cluttering up a perfecty good thread!! So keep up the good work mods.

Old 1st January 2010, 06:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard M View Post
Those are the ones that really need to be sorted out, as we don't need the photos to be quoted when they are one post above and cluttering up a perfecty good thread!! So keep up the good work mods.
Duly noted Gerard, and cleaned up - Thanks for the kind comment.
Old 1st January 2010, 06:56 PM

Looks like this thread has been 'moderated' as well...

Old 1st January 2010, 06:58 PM

I was in the middle of a post asking for this thread to be moderated, which seems to have happened... I have had some faith in this board restored.
Old 1st January 2010, 07:13 PM
YSSY Forum Administrator

Andrew,

Yes, certain comments unrelated to this threads' existence weren't appropriate to remain, hence the removal of some posts, to keep this thread somewhat 'on-topic'.

And, as you will appreciate, we've pretty much left this thread open for slather on the Moderator's, not for user's to flame other users

And as Philip so diligently put it, and consistent with our messaging here, we'll continue to do our best to moderate in moderation, and also take a zero tolerance policy when necessary.