Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion

Old 29th July 2008, 06:04 PM
Banned

The picture is also on PPRUNE so who knows who has ownership. At the same time there is no Copyright water mark on the picture or surround text. Without this, can an individual use a picture without permission since they may not have any means of communicating with the owner?

Also, related news story:

Quote:
Qantas safe, says aviation watchdog

PASSENGERS should have confidence in Qantas despite two safety incidents in the past four days, the aviation watchdog says.

Last Friday a Qantas international jet was forced to make an emergency landing at Manila after a mid-air explosion tore a hole in the plane's fuselage.

Yesterday a domestic Qantas jet was forced to return to Adelaide after a wheel bay door failed to close.

Neither incident should bring about wider worries, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA )says.

"We've been looking very carefully at Qantas' safety all throughout this year," authority spokesman Peter Gibson said.

"We finished a major audit of Qantas only last month and found no significant safety issues."

Mr Gibson rejected criticism that the authority was too close to the major airlines.

"Certainly CASA is not a partner in aviation safety, that would be entirely inappropriate obviously.
"We're at arms' length from Qantas and the major airlines."
News.com.au
Old 29th July 2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Argy View Post
I do not know, and therefore did not mention, the identity of the copyright owner of what Brenden posted. It may have been an adaptation of someone else's work for all I know - I just stated the core principles of copyright.
There is also the issue that if a picture is taken in the course of doing ones duty (at a business) the IP of that picture belongs to the employer not the person who took the picture.
Old 29th July 2008, 06:36 PM

maybe brendan stole it in the first place?

speculating is fun!
Old 29th July 2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash W View Post
There is also the issue that if a picture is taken in the course of doing ones duty (at a business) the IP of that picture belongs to the employer not the person who took the picture.
If the company owns the camera. what would you do if it was my camera that took the shots on company time.I own and paid for the camera i can do what i want with the shots.As far as safety you cut now you see what happens and yes passengers will leave.
Old 29th July 2008, 08:02 PM
Prolific Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Rowe View Post
If the company owns the camera. what would you do if it was my camera that took the shots on company time.I own and paid for the camera i can do what i want with the shots.As far as safety you cut now you see what happens and yes passengers will leave.
If you took the shots on company time, irrespective of whose camera it is, then I think the company would have the right to be feeling cheated somewhat for the lost productivity.

As for doing what you wanted with the shots, then we'd be possibly getting into corporate security issues, breach of ASIC conditions of use issues etc, etc, etc. if it wasn't authorised by the property owner.

My 2 cents.
Old 29th July 2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel C View Post
If you took the shots on company time, irrespective of whose camera it is, then I think the company would have the right to be feeling cheated somewhat for the lost productivity
The Person who took the photo, well this is their FLickr Hompage, and there is a image of them in a photo, Is this Brendan??

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...afilter=images

Hope I solved the problem

Old 29th July 2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas M View Post
The Person who took the photo, well this is their FLickr Hompage, and there is a image of them in a photo, Is this Brendan??

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...afilter=images

Hope I solved the problem
i think it is..going by his avatar and i remember seeing those baby pics on here a little while back..
Old 29th July 2008, 09:52 PM

yes it's him...too bad he didn't copyright his own photo, it would've made him some money.

Next Flights:
MEL-HKG-HND-HKG-JFK-HKG-NRT-HKG-MEL/CX
Old 29th July 2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montague S View Post
yes it's him...too bad he didn't copyright his own photo, it would've made him some money.
Not required, according to the Australian Copyright council.

Have no idea if their interpretation has actual standing in law, but it's likely as close as one gets without hiring lawyers etc!
Old 30th July 2008, 01:04 AM

Default Copyright is not a verb

Copyright is automatic in all countries, including Australia, that are members of the Berne Convention.