Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 30th May 2008, 09:49 PM

Talking

Two hours and twenty minutes later we're still waiting Granny.

Don't tell me the supplied hardware has registered your software defunct and you're now drawing the pictures for us?

How did the Mintax 55KSM Pentultimate perform today, did you manage to miss some fine images? A great camera you have there..... who'd have thought, 16bit colour from a camera
Old 30th May 2008, 10:50 PM
Prolific Member

As you can appreciate, Rome wasn't built in a day, and procesing images on new-age devices is somewhat of a challenge for a country boy like myself.

However, I have managed to get just one up and running at this hour of the night. More will follow when the trip report is compiled.

I hope you enjoy the sheer quality that the new pentakonanonolamaximus 325423453443tNBX provides. For the price, it would want to produce quality shots.

A windsock, at full zoom.

Regards
Tiger
Old 30th May 2008, 11:26 PM

We believe that this is the location of Sydney's second airport... The windsock was the clue...
Old 30th May 2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
Two hours and twenty minutes later we're still waiting Granny.

Don't tell me the supplied hardware has registered your software defunct and you're now drawing the pictures for us?

How did the Mintax 55KSM Pentultimate perform today, did you manage to miss some fine images? A great camera you have there..... who'd have thought, 16bit colour from a camera
Unfortunately Craig, it appears the pentakonanonolamaximus is prone to card reading errors... I've been on the phone to the rep for the last 4 hours and he's helping me through it...
Old 31st May 2008, 09:19 AM
Prolific Member

Default Trip Report

Well the day started in fine fashion when my phone started crapping on telling me I had a message at 0708.
It simply said
Quote:
U workin 2day *****?
. It was from Granny.

N
Quote:
No. what's up
G 0743
Quote:
Keen for a round of golf?
N
Quote:
Yeah why not! When where?
G 0746
Quote:
2day (********).. Where? Hmm.. Newhere but calderwood.. Shellcove, Pt Kembla, Grange or Wollongong.. Wat time is good 4 you?
N
Quote:
haven't played pt kembla for like forever. That could be good for a laugh
G 0754
Quote:
hahah well it has changed since then...10am 2 early 4u?
N 0754
Quote:
10 ish or just before would be good. Even the gong would be nice. I'm not fussed
G 0755
Quote:
ok the gong it is... 0945
N 0755
Quote:
Cool. See you there. Have you made a booking?
G 0757
Quote:
No need..
N 0757
Quote:
No worries!
G 0758
Quote:
C u in a bit
N 0815
Quote:
Yeah I was thinking of posting an invite on the board to all the others (members)
G 0819
Quote:
Do it!
And so the trip began...

Breakfast consisted of a coffee, white with 2 raw sugars. The bird (cockatiel)wolf-whistled at me as I staggered to the kitchen...she's a very sick bird.

Had a shower to help wake up. Feel much better now. Dressed and ready!

Packed the clubs into the back of the car at around 0900. Haven't cleaned them since the last round, so they're a bit dirty. Hope that doesn't affect the aerodynamics!

0910 Depart home in the trusty Honda. Sunroof open to let in the cool, crisp morning air. The trip to Wollongong Golf Club is a pleasant one. Peak hour (if you'd call it that...) has well and truly ended, so a smooth run along the freeway to Five Islands Road, past the Steelworks and along Corrimal Street to the Club House.

0918 Forgot to post invite onto board. Give Adam P a call to request he posts the Golf Day.

0935 Find a parking spot. Easy task...no competition today, so all the members must be away or at work.

0937 Clubs out of car. Find Granny. He's looking a little sheepish. I wonder why?

0938 After pleasantries are exchanged, Granny reveals that he's locked his keys in the car. Part of me wants to sympathise with him as he's come straight off a nightshift, but most of me just wants to laugh. I laugh.

0940 NRMA called. The usual 'he'll be there in 45 minutes' is quoted.

0945 Our planned tee-off time comes and we're still in the car park.

1011 31 seconds. Mr NRMA 'roadside break and enter' arrived and stepped out of the car. He's disappointed that the trusty Toyota isn't going to provide more of a challenge to break into. He has a laugh and continues with the idle chit chat while digging out his 'tools' (screwdriver and packing tape)

1012 20 seconds. 49 seconds after stepping out of his own car, Mr NRMA has opened Granny's car door and pulled the keys out of the ignition. I quote the time to him and he says
Quote:
Geez, I didn't know you were timing me or I might have gone a bit faster!

1012 40 seconds. Mr NRMA departs the scene and despite the invitation being posted on the message board for nearly an hour, no one else shows.

1020 Tee off time. My first ends up in the water on the right. Fine start to the day!

1220 We notice Qantas 64 flying overhead, and duly take photo's

1235 Why did Singapore A380 divert to Melbourne? You can see Aurora Australis was really visible today.

1306 Another shot of Aurora Australis that the pentakonanonolamaximus 325423453443tNBX got really well today. Geez this camera and lens package makes for some special pictures. Here's another example. You can see Qantas 64 again.

1310 This one was my favourite, the peace de la resistance of all the pics we took today. I'm sure you'll all appreciate the artistic talent that went into gettting this shot. Aircraft overflying is Etihad 451.

1400 Event the aviation rescue fire fighting guys realised that my game was on fire and needed to be put out!

1410 Back in the clubhouse. Scores ended up Granny 92 and me 89 on a Par 70 course. What makes these scores even better it the fact that we each had about 5 penalties throughout our round which added about 10 to the score card.

1412 Clubs put back into the car. Granny's lovely missus rocks up.

1415 In the club house waiting in line for a beer

1420 Beer in hand. The day is going well!

1435 Scotch fillet steak from the bistro wasn't bad, but could have done with less cooking.

1500 Depart golf club. Easy trip home, again with no traffic.

I hope you all enjoyed the trip report.

We'll try to give a little more notice for the next Sydney Airport Message Board Golf Day, and hope to see many of you turn up.

Cheers
Nigel

Last edited by Nigel C; 31st May 2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old 31st May 2008, 10:01 AM

Nige,

Have you uploaded these photo's to Airliners / Jetphotos yet? - I would suggest you go with the black and white photo with your Monet piece. And where's the Rego's?

I'm still having technical difficulties uploading my photos, the customer support person I was on the phone to last night suggested I go see the guys at Parramatta - they'll solve my problems no worries!

RE: Steak - Yes nothing to write home about - the DoG does it better and so does the Rowers (Adam's pants can attest to that)

Smart location - nothing beats enjoying a cold beer after a tough day at the office with good company and a good view.
Old 31st May 2008, 10:02 AM

Fantastic trip report and photos, Nigel!

What kind of camera were you using?
Old 31st May 2008, 10:22 AM
Prolific Member

Grant, I'm still sorting through the ACARS records for the regos, they'll follow soon. As for the jetphotos, when I have more time I'll send them in.

Adam, as per the report, it was a pentakonanonolamaximus 325423453443tNBX .
I highly recommend this unit. It's got a good heavy solid feel, one that makes you think your arms might start falling off after a full days use. It's a good thing I'm in peak physical condition, otherwise the standard of photo might have declined somewhat.
Old 31st May 2008, 11:19 AM
Prolific Member

Location: Sydney's Eastern Suburbs - View From Bondi To Jibbon Point And Bravo 10 South

Enhancing the high resolution image of QF64 in Photoshop 13 reveals that the registration does not quite match, and the time of day seems a little off. Maye the Aurora Australis was in your eyes or you started on the 19th Hole.

Looks like the flight may have been running a little late yesterday.

VH-OJH QF0064 30/05/2008 22:22 Qantas B747-438 Johannesburg-Sydney
Old 31st May 2008, 11:29 AM
Prolific Member

Obviously your ACARS didn't pick up the first departure of QF64. I believe it did an air return to Sydney and did an aircraft change. I heard it was something to do with fuel capacity and endurance issues.
Closed Thread