Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 5th October 2011, 01:16 PM

Default QANTAS will go daily to DFW

QF has just announced its DFW will increase to 6 x weekly from 15JAN12 and go daily from 01JUL12.

That's refereshing news after all the cutting/cutback style announcements of recent.

Great stuff!
Old 5th October 2011, 02:08 PM

Sandilands will go balistic
Old 5th October 2011, 04:18 PM

Will they keep the 744ER's on the route or deploy the A380 on the new days it operates?
Old 5th October 2011, 04:45 PM

ii think that the aircraft will remain a B744ER as QFA are expected to take deliveries of (2?) A380s late this year (i see them deploying the acf to Bangkok to compensate for BA pulling out of BKK-SYD.) which would free up a couple of 747's for the route.

Then again, my theory could be totally wrong

John

Last edited by John Arena; 5th October 2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 5th October 2011, 07:00 PM

I had a feeling this would have come.
If Qantas was going to increase any of it routes it flies to, DFW would be at the top of their list
Old 6th October 2011, 06:20 AM

Alan Joyce said yesterday there have only been three techstops on the flight home from DFW since the services started in May, way fewer than the LAX-MEL route when it kicked off.

Airbus COO John Leahy also said it was unlikely an A380 could do it reliably until the higher gross weight versions start being delivered next year, but then you'll have to fill 490 seats.

Cheers
Old 6th October 2011, 07:41 AM

Given that QF only have 6 ER frames can someone help me understand the frames being utilized for this service and the SCL flights which would require the ER frames? Especially when 1 frame will be unavailable for refit during the next 10 months and QF107/ 108 is generally operated by an ER frame as well.

I still don't understand how QF can only need 9x 744 frames by end 2013, even with the recent changes to HKG and BKK.
Old 6th October 2011, 08:41 AM
Banned

BNE/DFW return for $1299 for departures from 15 Jan !!! Presume SYD/DFW return is same.

This is damn cheap for end of school holidays, although just had a look & not a lot of seats left in JAN (Qantas email went out last night, so they were either snapped up, or not many of these seats in school holidays)

Easy connections from DFW to almost everywhere & you can use you QF ff points for onward flights, even to popular destinations. AA seemed to have realised they need to open up seats to frequent flyers or they have lots of seats going empty.
Old 6th October 2011, 06:09 PM

Hi folks

Could I ask what's involved with a 'Technical Stop', like they do in Brisbane and/or Nadi for these flights? Does it involve deplaning all the passengers to refuel/restock the aircraft, like a typical stopover, or is it a motor racing like 'pitstop' with just a refueling on the ground with passengers still aboard, and then departing again?

Any answers to relieve my curiosity would be much appreciated!
Old 7th October 2011, 06:04 AM

Brisbane isn't a tech stop on this flight, Brisbane is a destination so or the normal stuff happens.

As for a tech stop like Nadi, I have only ever once been an an aircraft that did a tech stop for fuel and it was like the pitstop scenario you mentioned. Stop, fuel, go. This was in Belgium somewhere on a London to Malta flight when there was a refulers strike in Heathrow.