Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11th February 2009, 04:15 PM

Default Jetstar to interline

Perhaps a sign that DJ's strategy is working?

http://peanuts.aero/low_cost_airline...ional+airlines
Old 11th February 2009, 05:00 PM
Banned

When JQ started out and were a point to point carrier they didnt need to interline but with the network they have now they do need to interline.
Old 11th February 2009, 08:29 PM

Its just part of the ultimate goal... the same one that many in the industry pointed out when they started. They will become closer and closer to Qantas as time goes on.

Nothing to do with VB.
Old 12th February 2009, 03:02 AM

Remembered I asked a question of interlining QF & JQ from MEL - PPP, that should be done much earlier.

Years before as JQ is replacing some services from QF, actually it is losing some ports for OneWorld connection as well. Hence the interline is really important, furthermore think is a straegy to connect JQ & QF closer for future development.

After the interline with JQ/3K/BL with Qantas, the next step Qantas Group and other OneWorld members should urge Qantas to do, is to turn the whole JetStar brand of Airlines to join OneWorld as one of Qantas' affinate (just like Mexicana Click, a low cost airline joining OW), that to strengthen OW's SE Asia network.
Old 4th March 2009, 01:04 PM

I would certainly have welcomed interlining just within the Jetstar/QF brands last week.

My itinerary saw me flying Danang / Ho Chi Minh on Jetstar Pacific (BL), followed by Ho Chi Minh / Singapore on Jetstar Asia (3K), then SIN / ADL / BNE / SYD on QF (OK that final part was a status run ).

Walking between the Domestic and International terminals in Ho Chi Minh was a pain in the humidity whilst lugging my bags around. Singapore is easy at the transfer desks, but to be able to head straight to the lounge for a shower would make life a lot pleasurable.

Interlining would certainly make Jetstar a lot more attractive to the external markets. On a couple of domestic VN flights I took, I would say over 50% of the passengers were connecting to Euro and American locations via SGN & BKK or HKG. The BL flights (with higher load factors) were full of locals and Aussie backpackers just going point to point.
Miles: 651,193; Hours: 1,484:43; Flights: 526; Routes; 218; Airports: 101; Airlines: 47; Countries:27