Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 27th February 2009, 04:12 PM

Default Qantas Domestic Bliss Sale

There are some pretty good fares going with Qantas' sale, I think the idea was to keep V Australia from getting all the attention!

http://www.qantas.com.au/deals/do/dy...splayRedEDeals
Old 27th February 2009, 08:00 PM

Pretty biased reporting - not to mention the fact QF are $1350 and VA are $975 so they got their pricing wrong too!
Old 27th February 2009, 10:45 PM

If then, think JetStar could be in trouble, as they are having something like best price guarantee, which JQ would beat 10% when they have other carriers operating on the same route selling cheaper than JetStar.

When mentioned about CityFlyer's frequency for Qantas in addition of the sale, should JetStar reduces its prices as well, otherwise deals like Sydney - Brisbane would be beat by Qantas.

But think that's pretty business strategy for Qantas to grap some attraction away from VA. Hope Virgin and Qantas can start another price war soon that more commutors can be benefited.
Old 27th February 2009, 11:11 PM

Haha what I love is that AS USUAL it took competition from another carrier to stimulate QF to lower their fares. Wish QF would be a market leader rather than follower sometimes. But alas I'm certain hell will freeze over before a legacy carrier does anything like that. Can't blame them I suppose, I would do the same.

The product and service difference onboard is what I hope people will notice when they step on the brand new B777-300ER. It’s funky, layback and new.

Never been a better time for everyone to fly with these fares around. Hope you all use K-Rudd’s payout for travel!
Old 27th February 2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radi K View Post
Never been a better time for everyone to fly with these fares around. Hope you all use K-Rudd’s payout for travel!
Hear hear!
Old 28th February 2009, 12:21 AM

The article above lists MSP as a V-Aust destination in the coming months? Does anyone have any information on this? Are they planning to fly across from LAX with a 777 to connect with NWA's hub in MSP perhaps? Virgin America doesn't fly into MSP so is this just false reporting maybe?

Just curious if anyone has heard anything, this is the first I'm hearing of it.

Cheers,

Ben
Old 28th February 2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben W View Post
The article above lists MSP as a V-Aust destination in the coming months?

Ben

The interline with Northwest on that route already.

Just bad reporting.
Old 28th February 2009, 08:22 AM
Banned

I noticed on the Virgin Blue website they are now having a sale and have undercut QF on the prices. If low prices are hurting DJ imagine how much they are hurting QF
Old 28th February 2009, 08:50 AM

Low prices won't hurt QF as much as they could hurt DJ. QF can offer low prices but still has a reasonably consistent premium market around Australia. They are also in a far better financial position to accept it.

Radi K, airline prices at the moment are already at a low level. Airlines have bills to pay... there is a minimum fare that makes it viable to even operate a route. Qantas would be mad to start a price war with itself... of course it takes another airline to generate the low prices!
Old 28th February 2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radi K View Post
Haha what I love is that AS USUAL it took competition from another carrier to stimulate QF to lower their fares
But

But you must agree there has always been competition on this route in some form? United, Air New Zealand and more recently Air Tahiti Nui spring to mind. I'm sure there have been times when they too have put pressure on Qantas fare structure. Lets not forget that competition is a good thing provided it is sustainable.

And the latest offering isn't the only airline operating new equipment on the route, I believe Air New Zealand pioneered that with the introduction of the B777-200ER on Trans Pacific flights (obviously via AKL ex SYD) and of course we all know that the A380 flies the Pacific on a daily basis.

But this thread isn't about Trans Pacific offerings and I digress, this thread is about a QF Domestic Sale. VA vs QF has been done beyond recognition in the other thread.

To keep this on topic, I noticed the Domestic Bliss fares pop up yesterday, if you're looking to keep your Frequent Flyer points active or just want to go flying there are some tremendous fares available. Brisbane to Sydney for $65 is something I haven't seen for a very long time from Qantas.

I agree strongly with Radi and others, spend the $950 keeping the travel industry afloat. Book a cheap domestic fare with one of our local carriers and spend the night somewhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty H View Post
If low prices are hurting DJ imagine how much they are hurting QF
Marty is this level of post really necessary? Quite frankly your one eyed, biased and thoughtless posts are becoming more tiresome by the day. I have worked in the Automotive industry for many years most recently in the financial arm of a large manufacturer. I'm a born and bred Holden lover, but am I blinded by this to think that only they build the cars I most desire? No! I think the Falcon and Aurion are the best local offerings at the moment (excluding the Calais V V8 Sportswagon!!!). Keep an open mind and you might find you're views earn a little more respect around here.

Last edited by Craig Murray; 28th February 2009 at 09:07 AM.