Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #261  
Old 5th April 2021, 10:01 PM
Greg Hyde Greg Hyde is offline
Prolific Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,863
Default

Tristan,

I found 2-VVUC on the current 2-Reg.

2-VVOY doesn't appear as yet.

2-VVOY, I expect is reserved and won't take up that reg until it is deleted from the Aust Register.

VH-VUC was deleted from the Aust. Reg on 19/03 and added to 2-Reg on the same date
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 6th April 2021, 08:31 AM
Tristan S Tristan S is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Hyde View Post
Tristan,

I found 2-VVUC on the current 2-Reg.

2-VVOY doesn't appear as yet.

2-VVOY, I expect is reserved and won't take up that reg until it is deleted from the Aust Register.

VH-VUC was deleted from the Aust. Reg on 19/03 and added to 2-Reg on the same date
Interesting, thanks. I know VUC remained on the CASA register for some time after it left Australia.
I found VOY at Jinan when searching for images of VUC and it was tagged as 2-VVOY:
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10089566
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10051580
While I cannot see it on the image, it appears that something has been taped over the rego - perhaps the paperwork hasn't been done yet.

Cheers.
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 6th April 2021, 08:33 AM
Max C Max C is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 621
Default

That’ll possibly be the new rego just taped over the old VH- one
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 6th April 2021, 08:36 AM
Tristan S Tristan S is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max C View Post
Thatíll possibly be the new rego just taped over the old VH- one
Yeah, most likely. Guess when it's parked it doesn't really matter if the new rego hasn't been entered into systems
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 6th April 2021, 08:56 AM
Tristan S Tristan S is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 70
Default

VH-VUE is set to return to service today and will operate VA1388 BNE ADL.
First RPT service since 7 September 2020.
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 6th April 2021, 10:55 AM
Greg Hyde Greg Hyde is offline
Prolific Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,863
Default

Guys,

Basically it can't (shouldn't) be two registers at the same time. It is uneconomic since you are paying for both registrations.

The QQ E-190's are normally deleted from the US reg on the day they arrive in Brisbane. It is then QQ's responsibility to get them onto the Aust. reg.

Also, the 2-REG is a "flag of convenience" until freighter conversion and a new "owner" is sort.
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 6th April 2021, 10:59 AM
Tristan S Tristan S is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Hyde View Post
Guys,

Basically it can't (shouldn't) be two registers at the same time. It is uneconomic since you are paying for both registrations.

The QQ E-190's are normally deleted from the US reg on the day they arrive in Brisbane. It is then QQ's responsibility to get them onto the Aust. reg.

Also, the 2-REG is a "flag of convenience" until freighter conversion and a new "owner" is sort.
Hi Greg.. I was not saying it was .. just appears that they have put the new 2- rego on her before its actually been added to the 2- register.

Cheers.
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 7th April 2021, 01:46 PM
MarkR MarkR is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Hyde View Post
Guys,

Basically it can't (shouldn't) be two registers at the same time. It is uneconomic since you are paying for both registrations.
Nothing to do with economics, not when registration is $160 for a VH Mark. Its an ICAO requirement that an aircraft does not appear on two contracting states at the same time.
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 9th April 2021, 07:30 AM
Tristan S Tristan S is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 70
Default

For those who remember, back in September last year a company called Jet Test re-positioned 5 VA 738s from BNE to Goodyear, AZ. They positioned a further 2 from MEL in December.
The owner of Jet Test has just tweeted that in the coming weeks Jet Test will be repositioning 3 738s to BNE.

I am assuming they are for VA which makes me wonder if they are 3 of the ex-VA 7 B738s stored in Phoenix.

Anyone know anymore?
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 9th April 2021, 09:00 AM
Dave J Dave J is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan S View Post
For those who remember, back in September last year a company called Jet Test re-positioned 5 VA 738s from BNE to Goodyear, AZ. They positioned a further 2 from MEL in December.
The owner of Jet Test has just tweeted that in the coming weeks Jet Test will be repositioning 3 738s to BNE.

I am assuming they are for VA which makes me wonder if they are 3 of the ex-VA 7 B738s stored in Phoenix.

Anyone know anymore?
The 5 YF* airframes will be coming back. With different regos though.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 12:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright © Sydney Airport Message Board 1997-2020
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the Conditions of Use and Privacy Statement