Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion

Old 13th January 2014, 03:25 PM

Default Seat selection on Qantas

As I am flying to America in Qantas early next month, so May I ask you or anyone to tell me that how can I make a seat number selection as I may want to sit on that seat please? It would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Cliff Cook.
Old 13th January 2014, 07:40 PM

Cliff, if you're a frequent flyer member, you can log into your account on qantas.com Depending on your status, you may be able to select your seat in the 'my bookings' section. If flying economy and on the A380, you may be able to select seats in the upstairs economy cabin. Good luck!
Old 14th January 2014, 03:56 PM

In addition i think you can pay for the privilege. Pays to check with QF if you have a specific requirement where they will limit the number of seats you will have access to.
That said, anyone whom is traveling with a child in a car seat should not use this service. as was in my case, you need to advise QF and they will allocate you to rows like 63 (middle) 77 or 88 where there is not IFE in the seat behind you.

Last edited by Adrian B; 14th January 2014 at 03:57 PM. Reason: edited
Old 4th August 2016, 02:44 PM

Hi to all - I didn't want to start a new thread to ask a quick question, so if you don't mind I will ask it here:

Seats 80A and 80K in economy on the Qantas A380 - given they house the IFE screen in the armrest, must these screens be stowed away during take off and landings?

I assume the answer is yes, however I have read reports from others who have had these seats and kept their screens out during take off and landing to watch the tailcam.

Cheers

Last edited by Adam.S; 4th August 2016 at 05:19 PM.