Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12th March 2010, 08:53 AM

Default Photos: A summer's evening in Wagga

Hi all

In early January, I found myself back in Wagga for work reasons, and on one very hot summer evening, thought I'd drive out to Forest Hill and see what goes on (Which I needed to make up sometime for, I lived in WW for three years and rarely did so!).

Even being a bright and sunny evening, I got to the airport just as the last REX Flight came and went from Sydney, so here are some shots I wish to share for those interested.

Hopefully the next time I'm down there (Uni Graduation, Apr 2010), I can head out there and get some shots of the Q400s which I believe have started flying down there.

Enjoy, feel free to post some constructive criticism!

Cheers
Maikha

Last edited by Maikha Ly; 12th March 2010 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Removal of 'anyhow'
Old 12th March 2010, 11:34 PM

Hi Chris

Thanks for your feedback. To respond to your feedback, with the last photo, it was one of my first forays into aviation photography, apart from some spotting I did at YSBK. It was my first use of my then new 300mm lens, and the location I was photographing from was the only one I could seek for outbound traffic off Runway 5.

The 2nd and 3rd photo, was an attempt at highlighting a selected part of the aircraft's exterior and profile. The 4th was a 'profile' shot of a SAAB 340 with its surroundings.

The 1st, well, is my abstract style of photography, which I can accept isn't many people's cup of tea, so I'm happy to agree to disagree on that one.

In a nutshell, I don't particularly aspire to upload photos to the likes of Airliners.net or Jetphotos or anything of the like. I just enjoy watching aircraft (And love the sound of those GE Turboprops!) and capturing them photographically with a style I'm continually experimenting with. I will however take on your feedback for improvement with future photo sesh's, so thanks again!