Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > International Industry

Old 13th January 2017, 12:42 PM

I've sent an e-mail to BA seeking their clarification on the entry rules to their Singapore lounge. Will let you know how I go.
Old 13th January 2017, 01:46 PM

Good luck with that one. When I was in Singapore about 6 months ago I tried to get into the BA lounge and they tried to refuse me even though I am Qantas gold, directing me instead to the QF lounge. Wasn't until I stood firm and reminded them of the OneWorld rules they 'relented' without much of a fight.

It was almost like they knew it was allowed, but they had been trained to bluff/direct people to the operating carriers lounge first, Qantas in this case.

Wasn't worth the visit IMO. It was quieter as it was just after the Sydney flight had left and before the bulk of the PAX started arriving for the 2 LHR bound flights. But poorer food and drink choices in the business section at least.
Old 17th January 2017, 08:49 AM

Here is the response from BA:

Dear Ryan

Thank you for writing to us.

I appreciate you have taken the time to contact us once again.

We have over 60 dedicated British Airways departure lounges, and 90 additional partner lounges, worldwide.

You can use them only if you are:

•flying with British Airways in First, Club World or Club Europe

•a Silver or Gold Member* of the British Airways Executive Club on a flight operated by British Airways or one of our oneworld partners

•an Emerald or Sapphire member* of any of the oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes on a flight operated by British Airways or one of our oneworld partners

•over the age of 18 years, or if under 18 years you are accompanied by a responsible adult. (Local laws relating to the consumption of alcohol will apply.)

* Includes access to more than 650 oneworld partner lounges.

All lounge access is subject to capacity restrictions.

I guess the short for me is no, since I'm not flying BA. I am also not a member of their Executive Club, nor am I one of the higher tier member of a One World program (I'm only bronze on the Qantas FF program).
Old 18th January 2017, 10:49 AM

It appears BA themselves don't know who's allowed into the lounge. I have received another reply from another BA staff member saying I am allowed into the lounge even though I am a non member flying with CX. He referred me to the One World website stating access to any One World lounge. I'm going to print the reply out and try my luck at the BA lounge!