Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th April 2011, 02:17 AM

Default QF Bronze FF?

I am a bronze frequent flyer, and have just noticed that I can use the advance seat selection. I thought this was for silver and up, has this changed?
BOE: 717 (200), 737 (300,400,700,800), 747 (400), 767 (300), 777 (300), 787 (8,9)
DHC: DH3, DH4
EMB: E70, E90
FKR: F100
SWR: SW4
Old 6th April 2011, 05:49 AM

Yes it has - announced last week

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...seat-selection
Old 6th April 2011, 07:34 AM

That link does not mention it...
Hopefully I can choose seats on a flight I have already booked!

EDIT: On the manage page the seat selection option appears however it is not eligible for use on QantasLink services, you can only assert a preference.
Old 6th April 2011, 09:14 AM

I booked a return flight from HBA-PEK yesterday. The HBA-MEL-HKG sectors are all on Qantas, with the HKG-PEK flight on Dragonair. However, it's only giving me the option of selecting seats on the HBA-MEL and MEL-HBA sectors.

According to the Qantas webiste, I would have thought I can select seats on all the Qantas flights....?
Old 6th April 2011, 11:07 AM
Administrator

My flights BNE-CNS-BNE next week give me the option to choose seats when I log into my frequent flyer account, the BNE-CNS sector gives me the choice of 2 rows (it's a full flight), the CNS-BNE sector gave me a choice of about 4 different rows. It also says that your chosen seat cannot be guaranteed on the day

Kinda wish it was more like jetstar so you could pay extra for bulkhead/exit rows, rather than having to wait to get to the airport and ask.

Jetphotos.net Shots
Airliners.net Shots
Old 6th April 2011, 12:12 PM
AaronBradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan K View Post
I booked a return flight from HBA-PEK yesterday. The HBA-MEL-HKG sectors are all on Qantas, with the HKG-PEK flight on Dragonair. However, it's only giving me the option of selecting seats on the HBA-MEL and MEL-HBA sectors.

According to the Qantas webiste, I would have thought I can select seats on all the Qantas flights....?
From the link Sara posted earlier: "Seat selection is complimentary on domestic flights and for eligible customers, such as Silver, Gold and Platinum Frequent Flyers, on Qantas operated international flights."

So you would need to be Silver, Gold or Platinum to preselect seats on international routes.
Old 6th April 2011, 12:32 PM

Interesting posts.

I missed Sarah's reference from last week. Thanks for that Sarah.

I have just dropped from Gold to Silver, my seat preferences have been reduced heaps, I have several flights booked before the end of June.

Jake, from my recollection, I am allowed to be corrected, but on my numerous flights into LST, I agree re QantasLink, I dont remember being to be able to do more than aisle/window until I did my online check-in.

Kind regards,

Geoff
Old 6th April 2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff W View Post
I agree re QantasLink, I dont remember being to be able to do more than aisle/window until I did my online check-in.

Kind regards,

Geoff
Geoff, this is true. I am a gold QFF and I am only able to preference either window or isle. I do many Rockhampton - Brisbane flights on Qantaslink and this is the case. I did enquire about this with Qantaslink staff at Rockhampton airport last year and they tell me it is because Qantaslink operate under different companies such as Eastern Australian Airlines and Sunstate Airlines and with this come their own set of rules... I don't know how true this was, but it might be the case.

Dave
Old 6th April 2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff W View Post
Interesting posts.

I missed Sarah's reference from last week. Thanks for that Sarah.

I have just dropped from Gold to Silver, my seat preferences have been reduced heaps, I have several flights booked before the end of June.

Jake, from my recollection, I am allowed to be corrected, but on my numerous flights into LST, I agree re QantasLink, I dont remember being to be able to do more than aisle/window until I did my online check-in.

Kind regards,

Geoff
I also missed this. Thanks for clearing this up!
Old 6th April 2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dale View Post
Qantaslink operate under different companies such as Eastern Australian Airlines and Sunstate Airlines and with this come their own set of rules...
90% sure that is the case, on the itinerary for QLink flights it states Operated by Subsidiary/Franchise