Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 16th April 2011, 08:03 PM

Default Gold Airways Start Up

I was perusing www.seek.com the other day for school, and got really bored so searched for a job in the airline category in Aus. One came up for Gold Airways. It was for a CFO. It has been taken down since, but this new one is for a Non-Executive director. The link is:

http://www.seek.com.au/Job/non-execu...ourne/19416483

[BEWARE: they come and go quickly these links...]

[From the link...] Gold Airways is a development of Pacific Southwest Engineering Pty Ltd ACN 43 103 257 996, an engineering and logistics consulting firm domiciled in Australia, "aka PSE". In 2003, PSE developed a domestic and international airline business plan on a sweat-equity basis with the support of former Ansett employees displaced by the collapse of Ansett Australia in 2002 together with other local and international industry experts. PSE, its Director and its venture consultants currently hold Founders Shares in RMA Gold Airways Pty Ltd ABN 19 107 563 806, which, subject to conversion to a public entity in April 2011, will operate the Gold Airways airline venture.

PSE is seeking expressions of interest, subject to conditions, from astute, talented and experienced diverse individuals to take up the role of NED Gold Airways (Designate*).

* conditions apply due to the way in which the venture is being started.

To be eligible to be considered for this position you should meet at least two or more of the preferred experience and qualifications and/or demonstrate that your qualifications and experience is equivalent.

PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:-

- be a leader in the fashion/arts/hospitality industry for product innovation in a contemporary market;
- entrepreneurial start-up experience
- have had 5-20 years experience in running fashion/hospitality business in an up-market environment;
- have had public speaking, debating and media marketing experience;
- have experience in journalism (writing/presenting);
- be able to read, write and speak English to an advanced level or be multilingual;
- have an understanding and be able to direct deportment and presentation skills. ;

The role will include participating in board meetings (compulsory) to develop the Gold Airways product and supporting the CEO and the Marketing Department to deliver the product to develop value in the Gold Airways business for shareholders and provide a best-value product for passengers. Typically, your role would be to identify and help identify innovation, identify design, identify the suppliers and consultants and present this to the board. Accordingly, extensive travel internationally and domestically may be required once the venture is funded.

Equal Opportunity

The role of NED in Gold Airways is not exclusive. If you believe you are able to contribute a valuable talent and experience to this airline venture and are willing to have a disposition of your background and your business photograph being included in the upcoming prospectus, you are encouraged to apply.

Applications Close 30 April 2011

Confidentiality assured.

www.goldairways.com.au

A Pacific Southwest Engineering Pty Ltd Development

The Secretary
RMA Gold Airways Pty Ltd
C/- Pacific Southwest Engineering Pty Ltd
38-40 Kent St
Ascot Vale Victoria Australia 3032

So Have a look.

The airline website looks fake, but this seem legit.

Anyone got more info???

Last edited by Cam L; 16th April 2011 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Messed up the start...haha
Old 16th April 2011, 08:35 PM

Is this the company that's been talked about for a few years that is looking to start E Jet service (with fares lower than DJ but with meals etc.) between capital cities?

Curiously, Google Maps indicates their listed address is presently occupied by Acute Concepts, a marketing agency.
Old 16th April 2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will H View Post
Is this the company that's been talked about for a few years that is looking to start E Jet service (with fares lower than DJ but with meals etc.) between capital cities?.
No, that was AlphaJet.
Old 17th April 2011, 03:31 PM

Gold Airways will APPARENTLY use A320's.

Personally, i hate the things. 737 all the way!!
Old 17th April 2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam L View Post
I
The airline website looks fake, but this seem legit.

Anyone got more info???
The ABN is real so don't doubt the company is real. Weather it makes it to the skys though is another matter.
Old 18th April 2011, 09:23 AM

I'm going to take a look later, but I am pretty sure this Gold Airways thing has been popping up on and off for the last 5 years. I don't expect to ever see it fly.
Old 18th April 2011, 03:00 PM

I read somewhere that it was a group of 'Airline Experts' and 'Ansett Employees'. Thats where the red flag went up for me...

I doubt it would ever happen... Ansett mk II [or is mk III now??] would be like Titanic mk II.

They were great at the time, but they should stay in history.

Thats just my opinion anyway.

[This is the part where someone with WAY more experience chips in...]
Old 18th April 2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam L View Post

I doubt it would ever happen... Ansett mk II [or is mk III now??] would be like Titanic mk II.

They were great at the time, but they should stay in history.
.]
God I hope a certain Ex employee of Ansett dose not reed this, there will be hell to pay....
Old 18th April 2011, 11:58 PM

I found an SMH reference from 2006: http://www.smh.com.au/news/business/...050394483.html
Old 21st April 2011, 02:26 PM

If the ex-Ansett folks trying to get Gold Air up and running are like "old mate" on here it definately won't get off the ground. Can't see there bing much of a market for any new airline to compete seriously at the moment on trunk domestic routes unless they wan't to capture a fresh market that is not well catered for, of which there aren't many.