Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 9th October 2008, 07:21 PM

Default Cx138 13/10/08

My grandparents and I will be on this flight next Monday night. Looking at seatcounter.com, it's showing plenty of 9's, a 4 in class I, 7 in class C, and 6 in class D.

Would it be safe to say this flight is fairly empty so far in both business and economy classes?
Old 10th October 2008, 12:28 PM

Default Not looking to Bad.......

I would say that I,D & C are Business Class so not so empty, it's showing 8 empty at this stage... But Economy Class is looking really empty and it's the New Seating so will be Nice.....
Old 10th October 2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nils Kenny View Post
it's the New Seating so will be Nice.....
If you are talking about the Y seating I couldn't disagree more. I honestly believe that CX's new Y seats are the most uncomfortable I have ever experienced.

Whilst I did appreciate the hard shell so you wouldn't be affected by the front customer reclining their seat, that is where it ends.

Your own seat cushion slides forward when you recline, jamming your knees into the seat in front. The back cushion has bits that move independently and it is very hard to find a comfortable position. If you like to 'sleep' in a Y seat in a sideways position, or turned to the side, you will find this seat impossible. I did, anyway.

If you have hand luggage under the seat in front that also affects your ability to get comfortable, moreso than with regular Y seats. And getting access to the seat pocket, which is behind your legs, I found impossible and time consuming.

Last edited by Gareth U; 10th October 2008 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Found more to whine about :)
Old 10th October 2008, 05:28 PM

My uncle had the same bad experience too Gareth. If it was a day flight, I would probably tolerate it. But since CX138 is an overnight flight, I'm not looking forward to it.
Old 10th October 2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
If you have hand luggage under the seat in front that also affects your ability to get comfortable, moreso than with regular Y seats. And getting access to the seat pocket, which is behind your legs, I found impossible and time consuming.
most people dont realise where the pocket is and use the straps in the seat back in front, which holds the safety card, as the seat pocket

Banjo
Old 14th October 2008, 06:48 PM

Well my flight last night was abou 70% full, but business class was full. The plane (anyone know the rego by any chance?) looked new, but the new style seat was very uncomfortable. I hardly slept at all during the flight and I normally sleep well on overnight flights.
Old 14th October 2008, 08:04 PM

B-LAE Ryan.
Old 19th October 2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth U View Post
If you are talking about the Y seating I couldn't disagree more. I honestly believe that CX's new Y seats are the most uncomfortable I have ever experienced.

Whilst I did appreciate the hard shell so you wouldn't be affected by the front customer reclining their seat, that is where it ends.

Your own seat cushion slides forward when you recline, jamming your knees into the seat in front. The back cushion has bits that move independently and it is very hard to find a comfortable position. If you like to 'sleep' in a Y seat in a sideways position, or turned to the side, you will find this seat impossible. I did, anyway.

exactly what I found on my flight last night. The new AVOD IFE system is great, service is great, but the seat IMHO was not as good as I expected.

the seat was good IMHO in an upright position. Lumbar support, back support were excellent. However the seat was very uncomfortable when fully reclined, almost unbearable. I found it impossible to sleep at all and I tried to fit my feet under the seat in front but there just isn't enough room. Mind you I am 174cm tall and found it difficult. I think the problem is people tend to 'sleep' better when there is an actual back recline. The shell-seat meant that you slide down resulting in almost no back recline.

Mind you there are some seats with slightly better seat pitch than others on the A330. I picked 64HK which happened to a poor choice because that is where the fuselage wall curves in, resulting in less pitch to the 'H' aisle seat. 63HK to me seemed to have a bit more leg room than my seat, though I cant be 100% sure.