Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Services and General > Admin and Feedback

Old 10th May 2012, 01:17 PM

Default Spotting & movements threads and postings

There seems to be ongoing discussions on what should be posted in the noteworthy movements threads. I actually think it is pretty clear cut on what is noteworthy but I don't mind the odd post that indicates a special livery that has been out here a few times coming back in again. It gives me the opportunity to get a photo if I have missed out on the previous occasions.

And without having a new thread for each individual movement, possibly having another thread to cover off on the aircraft that are not note worthy. Eg Thai retro, Etihad F1, DHL 757 etc. Where all on here for the enjoyment of aircraft, let's make it work for newbies and non newbies. Thanks.
Old 18th May 2012, 07:17 PM

I agree, the thread has too much inane discussion within it and it detracts from the informative information it contains.
Old 18th May 2012, 09:43 PM

[inane discussion mode] That your drivers' licence photo Craigo?? [/inane discussion mode]
Old 19th May 2012, 07:48 AM

Looks more like a police mug shot!!!
Old 19th May 2012, 07:54 AM
Prolific Member

Love the pink background. Very you, Craig.
Old 26th May 2012, 08:27 PM

Tony, im with you on this one. maybe with the discussion that is happening today(26/5) in the noteworthy thread, might be time for the mods to jump in and set a few ground rules. I understand that they can't be here 24/7 "policing" the board, however, might be the right time to set down a few rules, and remind people of them. Mods - this is NOT an attack on you guys. You do a fantastic job!!

Photos at: http://flickr.com/kieran380747 and https://www.facebook.com/Windsweptaviation/

Carriers flown: QF, VA, EK, NZ, BA, KA, CX, AS, BE, JQ, TR, SK, LH
Types flown: 744, 738, 737, 743, A380, A340, DH8, A320, ERJ190, 736
Old 26th May 2012, 09:45 PM

It's obvious we need clear definitions of what is and what isn't noteworthy, as well as when something becomes no longer noteworthy, or becomes noteworthy again...

Or just a little more common sense...

Or both...
Old 26th May 2012, 09:59 PM

Hear! Hear! Neil... Also a reminder to board members regarding seach functions(if i can add to my previous post!)..

Photos at: http://flickr.com/kieran380747 and https://www.facebook.com/Windsweptaviation/

Carriers flown: QF, VA, EK, NZ, BA, KA, CX, AS, BE, JQ, TR, SK, LH
Types flown: 744, 738, 737, 743, A380, A340, DH8, A320, ERJ190, 736
Old 26th May 2012, 10:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Our official position is that the moderators do not officially support a monthly noteworthy movement thread, largely due to the vague definition as to what is noteworthy as well as feedback received from many non-posting members. We are happy for the threads to continue, however we will not moderate the content unless it is in violation of our conditions of use (Which some of you need to re- familiarise yourselves with, specifically point 3.1).

That said, we are happy for users to discuss and attempt to agree on a definition of “noteworthy” in this thread and have it posted on the first post of each months noteworthy thread as a guideline for anyone who takes the time to share information on movements.

Going forward, we ask that if a user does post something that may not be noteworthy, you respond politely if you feel it needs to be pointed out.
Old 26th May 2012, 10:46 PM

Just going to throw out a possible way to solve this.

Maybe have a small selected group of spotters who know what's going on day in, day out to only post on that thread. This will prevent common arrivals continually being posted and limit the chatter to a bare minimum. There are very reliable posters here that do us a great service yet are pushed down to Page 2 of 10 because of all the chatter then people keep asking questions without even searching for them.

Just to name a few, Stefan Perkas is a very knowledgable and friendly guy and also Shayne Green is great value. There are many others but both of these guys are what we need. Straight to the point details of real noteworthy aircraft rather than this never ending argument.

Cheers