Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 1st October 2008, 09:42 AM

Default A380 Media Arrivals.

Now that the media have covered the First A380 arrival into Sydney with the Airbus trials, Promos and SIA being the first airline to fly them into Sydney. Then the coverage of Qantas recieving thier first A380.

I Know with our enthusiasm for aviation we will celebrate any arrival of new aircraft and future A380 carriers.

Do you think the Media will cover the arrivals of other A380 carriers or see the public flock to the airport again as they did for the First two. Not sure what the case was for the 747 era.
Old 1st October 2008, 12:07 PM

Well i think we'll see the news story here and there, but nothing like what we have just seen.

Singapore had the first A380, so naturally they were going to get some attention from the public and also the media, but this latest one and the Qantas factor, being the national airline, people would want to see the A380 up and close, and something like this sells papers too.

I dont think they will be too fussed when EK start flying in in February, after all, by then it will just be "another A380" i think.
Old 1st October 2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
Do you think the Media will cover the arrivals of other A380 carriers or see the public flock to the airport again as they did for the First two. Not sure what the case was for the 747 era.

One word : NO
Old 3rd October 2008, 09:30 AM

Good thread.

To me, I will be more excited to see the Emirates A380, knowing the interior differentiate away from others, especially with the onboard shower room facility.

I can only comment from a photographer's perspective.

The Qantas event was good, but comparing with SIA, they forgot a lot of details during the cabin tour. For example, when I took those onboard pics, SQ provide onboard steps, food presentation, Suites bed turndown presentation, onboard business service demo......they made the photo looks much mroe flash and promo themselves to a great extent. Media were given SQ A380 diecast model as well
QF on the other hand, have a bare tidy cabin to show you, lack of warmth and did not do much justice to an otherwise brand new aircraft and their First Class Suites especially.

A few years ago, when the Boeing 777-200/LR demostrator was in town (2005) that was a great event with lot of goodie bags and a cherrypicker to get unusual top down angle photo.

Looking forward to see the EK A380.
Old 3rd October 2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Chui View Post
Good thread.

To me, I will be more excited to see the Emirates A380, knowing the interior differentiate away from others, especially with the onboard shower room facility.

I can only comment from a photographer's perspective.

The Qantas event was good, but comparing with SIA, they forgot a lot of details during the cabin tour. For example, when I took those onboard pics, SQ provide onboard steps, food presentation, Suites bed turndown presentation, onboard business service demo......they made the photo looks much mroe flash and promo themselves to a great extent. Media were given SQ A380 diecast model as well
QF on the other hand, have a bare tidy cabin to show you, lack of warmth and did not do much justice to an otherwise brand new aircraft and their First Class Suites especially.

A few years ago, when the Boeing 777-200/LR demostrator was in town (2005) that was a great event with lot of goodie bags and a cherrypicker to get unusual top down angle photo.

Looking forward to see the EK A380.

Might be different for you Sam. You have some fantastic shots, very nice. Not sure what you do for work or what passes you have but you seem to have access to some good vantage points. From my perspective and vantage points as a photographer I just notice the new colour scheme and make sure i dont get any light poles or barb fences in my way