Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12th June 2022, 07:35 PM
Rowan McKeever Rowan McKeever is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenden S View Post
E190 P2F? First I have heard of that.
As for the curfew, as long as they meet stage 4 requirements and freight ops they are good to operate.

Incorrect re the curfew. The only freight aircraft permitted are BAe146 and DC-9, and the E190 is too heavy by half for the 34t carve out. Without changes to the legislation, the E190 P2F will not be permitted to operate during curfew.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12th June 2022, 08:13 PM
Max C Max C is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 676
Default

The B737-300/400's of Qantas Freight and Toll routinely take off and land during the curfew period. There was a change to the rules early during curfew to allow this.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12th June 2022, 08:25 PM
Rowan McKeever Rowan McKeever is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max C View Post
The B737-300/400's of Qantas Freight and Toll routinely take off and land during the curfew period. There was a change to the rules early during curfew to allow this.

There has been no change to the rules. A time limited exemption was granted and after much lobbying might I add.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12th June 2022, 09:42 PM
Max C Max C is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 676
Default

Which is a change, is it not?

Temporary but still a change.

To say that the 146 and DC-9 are the only aircraft permitted is also incorrect. Multiple turboprop aircraft are also permitted.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12th June 2022, 10:18 PM
Rowan McKeever Rowan McKeever is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max C View Post
Which is a change, is it not?

Temporary but still a change.

To say that the 146 and DC-9 are the only aircraft permitted is also incorrect. Multiple turboprop aircraft are also permitted.

Fair enough, those are the only JET freighters.

And no, it is not a rule change, itís a temporary exemption. The legislation has not been amended, the rules still apply to any other aircraft or operator.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 13th June 2022, 06:24 AM
David C David C is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tahmoor NSW
Posts: 464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan McKeever View Post
Incorrect re the curfew. The only freight aircraft permitted are BAe146 and DC-9, and the E190 is too heavy by half for the 34t carve out. Without changes to the legislation, the E190 P2F will not be permitted to operate during curfew.
Geez , DC9ís into SYD hey . How many have you seen lately ?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 14th June 2022, 03:58 PM
Greg Hyde Greg Hyde is offline
Prolific Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David C View Post
Geez , DC9ís into SYD hey . How many have you seen lately ?
David, I think this is the DC-9 in question

http://www.aussieairliners.org/dc-9/vh-ipf/vhipf.html

Departed Oz in February 1999
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 15th June 2022, 09:21 AM
Kent Broadhead Kent Broadhead is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dulwich Hill
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan McKeever View Post
Fair enough, those are the only JET freighters.

And no, it is not a rule change, itís a temporary exemption. The legislation has not been amended, the rules still apply to any other aircraft or operator.
I assume the A321P2F has the same exemption for its regualr 0200 departure?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright © Sydney Airport Message Board 1997-2020
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the Conditions of Use and Privacy Statement