Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements

Closed Thread

Old 1st May 2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon I. View Post
Stephen,

How is Tim's post hearsay??

From memory, Hearsay is something that someone did not personally see, hear or otherwise perceive. (not exact definition but similar to)It's from a section in the Evidence Act.

Also, I remember that you posted something a little while back about a "trend by younger posters to discount correct information that has been posted by the professionals that inhabit the board..." (Sorry couldnt get the qoute thing to work)

Why are you discounting information as perceived by a fellow board member? Hope it's not because he is young. He was there. He saw and heard what went on and wrote about it on here because he thought others might be interested. So far it would seem that there no professionals have come forward and filled us all in on the exact circumstances.

Bring on the photos Tim.
The hearsay part comes from the alleged actions of the MASkargo aircraft dropping something after a heavy landing. Nobody knew anything for sure and it was irresponsible to suggest that anything like that happened.

Whens the BBQ in Brisvegas Muzzdog??

Soon..
No where. Where should I go?
Old 1st May 2008, 09:52 PM
Prolific Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon I. View Post
So far it would seem that there no professionals have come forward and filled us all in on the exact circumstances.
I was there. But as a professional, I won't comment on the finer details of the tyre blowout until any potential investigations are complete, by which time this topic will be a distant memory. If there is an investigation, it could take months.
Old 1st May 2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Brown View Post
I, and I know may others, would like to know the real facts not sensationalised pieced together supposition.
If I were to do the same to your post as you did to Tim's, I'd extract the words "sensationalised" and "supposition" and use them to analyse the way you skewed a perfectly good post, like your own spin on the concorde. Don't take it the wrong way, Stephen, I always enjoy reading your points due to their honesty and factual evidence, but sometimes you need to take stories that will be built upon with a pinch of salt. FOX News ticker, anybody?...

The way things often work on this board is a very good process: either someone who knows all the relevant details makes an absolute post, or a story is told and others add to it as more information becomes known. This thread is really not much about Tim's account at all, but what is right to post and what is not! Is Tim safe to say about how something like how he brushes his teeth tonight, or will someone jump on him for not looking at how the toothbrush thought about it and if he forgot to mention a brand?

I, for one, liked your account Tim. By the way, shouldn't you be at school? I mean, I know I have exams right now (modern and maths on the same day today...) but some of the year 12's on this board seem to very rare attend!

N
Old 1st May 2008, 10:57 PM

All the mods must be tucked up in their little beds tonight
Old 1st May 2008, 11:54 PM

This is a fun thread. I especially cracked up when I read the 'as a professional, I won't comment' comment . Of course it's considered extremely professional to sit back and pass comment on Tim's take on the incident. I would have thought that a professional would have stayed out of this thread entirely if they were at all concerned that the matter was under investigation.

.... and matter closed - mod
Closed Thread