Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th April 2008, 02:56 PM
YSSY Forum Administrator

Default TRACE ME luggage tracker

Quote:
Lost Luggage can become a thing of the past with the new TRACE ME luggage tracker
Wednesday, 9 April 2008

If you have ever waited to collect your luggage at an Airport terminal only to find its gone MIA you’ll be delighted to discover the New TRACE ME luggage tracker system tags which have been designed to provide a solution to lost luggage.
Unique registration and recovery service www.tracemeluggagetracker.com now provides strong, durable tags for any bag or case with an individual serial number and 2D bar code linked for life to registration details on a secure data storage system used by more than 40 law enforcement agencies, airport baggage handling organisations and major lost property services across the globe to return lost luggage.

“It’s the safe and sure way to travel with bags in the hold and have peace of mind,” said John Crosland, Managing Director of TRACE ME. “When they turn up, they essentially call home.”
Currently airline baggage handlers place a paper tag on your luggage when you check in, which is designed only to match your suitcase to your flight. If for any reason the flimsy paper tag is lost or destroyed, the luggage becomes untraceable and can end up anywhere from here toTimbuktu. In most cases this untraceable luggage ends up at auction.

“TRACE ME tags are durable and provide the owners of bags and cases with the most secure means available of identifying their ownership by linking your luggage to details on a secure server that will notify you by text message to your mobile phone and email when your missing bags turn up in the lost luggage section of any airport,” Crosland said.

The TRACE ME luggage system is part of the Mobile Equipment National Database (MEND), which holds billions of items of discrete information relating to property ownership and is operated by the secure data firm Immobilise. Data stored on MEND comes from a myriad of sources including law enforcement and government organisations from over 40 countries worldwide.

TRACE ME customers simply have to attach the sturdy tag to their cases or bags with the virtually indestructible loop fob and then follow the instructions for registering their details on the www.immobilise.com database.
More than 17 million people and 43 UK law enforcement agencies already use the completely secure immobilise system to track lost property like mobile phones, car keys, jewellery and bicycles.

Over 37 million pieces of luggage went missing in Air transit last year, when this happens it means the airline paper tag system has failed . Baggage handlers are obligated to look for a means of identifying a case, but are almost always limited to a physical description which can prove tricky as its hard to differentiate one Samsonite Bag from another. “With millions of pieces of luggage working their way through the system at London airports alone, you can imagine how many thousands of identical black suitcases with wheels that means” Crosland said.

Once an authorised baggage handler or other lost property official finds your bag, he or she simply scans your TRACE ME tag or logs onto the system via the internet and types in your unique registration number to identify you as the owner of your bag.
“Once the TRACE ME server is notified that your bag has been found it automatically generates a text message to your mobile phone and an email informing you that your bag has been traced in real time,” Crosland said.
The authorised baggage handler or lost property official will then contact you via the details supplied by you on the TRACE ME server to direct you in the most convenient way for you to collect your luggage.

When you write your personal details on your case, you expose yourself to identity theft, you tell unscrupulous thieves that you are on vacation and that your home may be ripe for burgling. With TRACE ME you personal details are hidden to all except those who can reunite you with your belongings.
-eTravel

Last edited by Kurt A; 9th April 2008 at 05:53 PM. Reason: So Ash can read the thread better :)
Old 9th April 2008, 03:06 PM
Prolific Member

I didn't think commercial advertisments were allowed...

I must have a talk to a moderator about this!

Old 9th April 2008, 04:15 PM

Kurt, do you think you could use a slightly larger font too. All your posts use tiny text that is hard to read.
Old 9th April 2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Over 37 million pieces of luggage went missing in Air transit last year
Weren't 36 million of them at LHR?
Old 9th April 2008, 09:52 PM

I guess that's why some passengers tie coloured ribbons so their bags are slightly easier to identify