Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > International Industry

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th August 2017, 04:33 PM

Default First A380 in Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport

Good afternoon,

This morning, I got text message from my brother, as he is living in Phoenix. He was saying that An unique event happened at Sky Harbor on Thursday (Arizona Tine) that Qantas A380 enroute from Sydney to Dallas made an emergency landing here in Phoenix, as the passenger had an heart attack and taken to a hospital. It was first time a Qantas plane and a first A380 had landed here. I have been there in twice times and the airport beautiful and very handy spot and the airport have two main runways. The airport is not very far from the city of Phoenix, as it is very similar to Sydney. I have known that British Airways has been using B747-400 to Phoenix from Heathrow but the company stopped using B747-400 now and replaced by B777-200 or 300 series. They have 4 stabled American Air Force K135 aircrafts. Hope, it is interest you all. I am flying again to Phoenix in November this year. Regards, Cliff Cook.