Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 19th February 2009, 07:02 PM

This has appeared on one of the databases:

776 30740 NEW B737-7BX VH-VBT Stored at Melbourne (MEL) Virgin Blue Airlines ex N365ML Midway Airlines (1993)
Old 19th February 2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Barber View Post
This has appeared on one of the databases:

776 30740 NEW B737-7BX VH-VBT Stored at Melbourne (MEL) Virgin Blue Airlines ex N365ML Midway Airlines (1993)
From what i here its currently sitting in John Holland Hangars with no paint
Old 21st February 2009, 07:55 PM

Does anyone know which flights will get canned? I guess a lot of flights will go if they reduce capacity by 8%.
Old 21st February 2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarden S View Post
Does anyone know which flights will get canned?
Dont think anybody knows besides those on the Virgin Board. Anyway, so far, Canberra and Sunshine coast airports say they are apparently safe. According to pprune, Adelaide-Hobart is gone. Had a quick look on their timetables and it does appears no longer from the end of April. I think Tasmania and Adelaide could be in for some big cuts....have to wait until Monday I guess.

Where is there too much frequency? That could be the problem perhaps...Any Virgin Blue member care to elaborate on these reductions?

Old 21st February 2009, 10:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas M View Post
Dont think anybody knows besides those on the Virgin Board. Anyway, so far, Canberra and Sunshine coast airports say they are apparently safe. According to pprune, Adelaide-Hobart is gone. Had a quick look on their timetables and it does appears no longer from the end of April. I think Tasmania and Adelaide could be in for some big cuts....have to wait until Monday I guess.

Where is there too much frequency? That could be the problem perhaps...Any Virgin Blue member care to elaborate on these reductions?
Routes between MEL and HBA and LST wont get cut the pax numbers are very good plus the freight is high volume also. Nobody will know anything until at least the beginning of April as the five aircraft arent being taken out until the 1st of May.

Adelaide has already lost capacity with the introduction of E190's on some MEL-ADL services.