Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Australia and New Zealand Industry (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   VA / TT Fleet departures (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=12225)

Tristan S 23rd June 2021 02:49 PM

My count is 12 from the VA fleet that haven't returned or been taken up by REX...but...
5 are due to come back to the VA fleet (YFE, YFH, YFJ, YFG, YFI)
2 are reportedly being converted to freighters (VOT and VUC)
Leaving 5
VUA in MEL
VOQ in ASP
VOS in BNE
VUI an VUJ in Goodyear

Plus a couple of ex-TT birds:
VOR and VUD in ASP
VUB in MEL
VOY in TNA (although I think this is also destined to become a freighter. )

Happy to be corrected here :)

MarkR 23rd June 2021 05:41 PM

VA show a little patience and I suspect they will be able to swoop on Rex assets soon enough

James Smith 23rd June 2021 06:38 PM

Tristan, I agree with your list. VOQ, VOR, VOS, VUA, VUB & VUD are the ex-Virgin and Tiger B738s still in Australia (6) with ex VUI & VUJ (2) at Goodyear in the US. There are still seven to come back to Virgin but they are all in maintenance at present being readied.

I have discarded VOT, VOY & VUC from my list after they flew to Jinan in China to become freighters.

James Smith 24th June 2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

There are still seven to come back to Virgin but they are all in maintenance at present being readied.
To clarify the seven B738s and where they are having maintenance performed, they are YFE (HKG), YFH (CRK), YFJ (CRK), ex YFG (MCI), ex YFI (MCI), VUX (HKG) & VUY (HKG). The seven have been confirmed by Dave in previous posts so are assured as returning to VA and not popping up with another airline.

REX has the choice of eight B738s, the six ex-Virgin and Tiger B738s still in Australia or the two in Goodyear in the US.

Tristan S 24th June 2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Smith (Post 112130)
To clarify the seven B738s and where they are having maintenance performed, they are YFE (HKG), YFH (CRK), YFJ (CRK), ex YFG (MCI), ex YFI (MCI), VUX (HKG) & VUY (HKG). The seven have been confirmed by Dave in previous posts so are assured as returning to VA and not popping up with another airline.

REX has the choice of eight B738s, the six ex-Virgin and Tiger B738s still in Australia or the two in Goodyear in the US.

VUX/VUY never actually left the fleet, they were just stored. (Well, technically VUX went to TT, but then returned to VA)

James Smith 24th June 2021 01:41 PM

Tristan, I guess I have been using the word "returning" to include returning to service and returning to the fleet. We were advised that VUX & VUY were remaining in the Virgin fleet and they have turned out to be the last two to resume service.

MarkR 24th June 2021 08:15 PM

Interesting to hear ex VA wide body crew currently with Rex are heading back to VA……

MarkR 25th June 2021 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristan S (Post 112119)
Departed YEG now on the ground in YAM (Sault Ste. Marie Airport)

Ended up at Bar River, owned by Springer Aerospace who do cargo conversions, and apparently Amazon Air are looking at ATRs for their fleet, coincidence?

Tristan S 25th June 2021 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkR (Post 112140)
Ended up at Bar River, owned by Springer Aerospace who do cargo conversions, and apparently Amazon Air are looking at ATRs for their fleet, coincidence?

Flightradar said YAM, FlightAware said Bar River :)

That was my thought too when I saw the article on Amazon! Wonder if there is a market for second hand ATR Freighters or if conversion is their only option?

Yusef D 25th June 2021 04:42 PM

Quote:

Interesting to hear ex VA wide body crew currently with Rex are heading back to VA……
88 (including a couple of management pilots who never really left.

A few of whom are coming back from Rex 737, and a few more expect to soonish.

Bold expansion move by VA, in a time when we clearly aren't past state border closures.

88 down, 800 to go!