Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Australia and New Zealand Industry (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Qantas takes on Singapore Airlines by slashing $1000 off a return ticket to London (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=2895)

Ryan Hothersall 4th April 2009 08:29 PM

Deals

Good deal from Singapore Airlines as dad and I got seats ADL-SIN-MAN return for $1488.

Simon L. 12th April 2009 01:16 AM

I had pleasure of speaking to some SQ staff and Krisflyer members based at various cities in Australia, the recent SQ deals were somewhat disappointing from both staff and frequent flyers' view.

1. SQ's recent Australian sale fares don't attract Krisflyer mileage points and the booking class that falls under certainly doesn't allow members in other partner frequent flyer programs to earn points as well, so the actual sale brought little revenue from frequent flyers. Failure to achieve expected yields from these sales was actually the main reason behind SQ's decision to extend the sale period, although the figures don't seem to be terribly encouraging.

2. SQ's new credit card surcharge for bookings made in Australia (or via singaporeair.com [Australia]) is now generating a lot of unhappiness amongst Australian TAs, B2C-site users and frequent flyers as not only many believe SQ should stick to its "premium-carrier image" by not implementing this sort of "surcharges" as most LCCs typically do but also this credit card surcharge currently only applies to Australia-originated bookings and most believe that's simply not fair at all.

Regards.

Luke Chittock 11th June 2009 11:15 PM

HOwdy all

SQ are releasing another round of super dooper deals tomorrow - on sale until 26JUN. Similar fares/destinations/coniditions to the April sale. No doubt the likes of EK/QF/MH/CX wont be too far behind.

Yield management folk at these airlines must be pulling their hair out.

In anyevent, theres some great deals out there for the public.

Regards

Luke/PER

Hakan I 11th June 2009 11:25 PM

Fantastic! Always nice to get a bargain, must be bad for a premium airline like SQ to reduce fares so dramatically.

Hakan

Matt D 12th June 2009 12:00 AM

BA are no different. They've been cheaper than easyJet on the two most recent flights I've booked.

Marty H 12th June 2009 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Hothersall (Post 25821)
Good deal from Singapore Airlines as dad and I got seats ADL-SIN-MAN return for $1488.

Geez nice work Ryan dont tell my 'old man' next time you see him as he paid around $2400:eek:

Philip Argy 12th June 2009 09:47 AM

Any J or F class fare deals?

Any J or F class fare deals going? I have a J class reservation SYD/LHR/GVA/LHR/SYD for October that doesn't have to be paid for until a couple of weeks beforehand, but if there are new fare deals I'll cancel the current booking and take advantage of the lower fare.

Stephen Harris 12th June 2009 05:22 PM

We booked on Emirates for 2 adults and 2 kids Syd - Frankfurt and Rome - Sydney for $7300. A bargain in my languauge.:D:D:D