View Single Post
Old 19th July 2014, 08:29 PM
Prolific Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Trevena View Post
The first, (Tiger I think, Tail light not on) was rocketing along the Taxiway Alpha, I think down to the JH area, and the second was a Jetstar A320, doing the correct speed - slow.
Ok....
1. Are you a speed expert?
2. Do you know whether the alleged Tiger (which you can't actually be sure of because the tail light wasn't on....) was exceeding company (or possibly manufaturers) limits on tow speed? And if so, was it because:
a) you really are a speed expert as per question 1?
b) you had a speed gun and were able to determine 'rocket' speed from outside the airport boundary
c) you have intimate knowledge of both Tigers (again, you make an assumption that Tiger had no tail lights on) and Airbus' maximum tow speeds and can make that claim as per both a) and b)?
3. Define 'slow'
4. Explain why 'slow' is the 'correct speed'
5. Does it state in Jetstar's training manuals that towing must be done 'slow'?
6. Just why did you assume it was Tiger? Was it because Jetstar would never 'rocket' around the taxiways and that this is a practice best left for ultra-low cost carriers?
7. Are Tiger the only airline to tow around airports under the cover of "logo light darkness" to conceal their rocket tow speeds from speed experts in public areas?

Have I missed something?