View Single Post
Old 21st June 2013, 01:05 PM

Default USA/Caribbean Trip Part 2: VX LAX-SEA (Photos)

Introduction:

Part 1: VA BNE-LAX: http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=9280

Here is Part 2 of my report. This will include my Virgin America flight from LAX-SEA as well as what I did whilst in Seattle.

DAY 7: VIRGIN AMERICA LAX-SEA

LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

After 6 nights in LA it was time to fly to Seattle. We caught a 7am shuttle to the airport, Virgin America use T3 at LAX. The Virgin America check-in at LAX doesn’t look like your usual check-in, it was very modern but I thought it was also very un-organized. After half an hour everything was sorted out and we were lined up at security. We finally got to our gate at around 8am for the 9am departure.

Our flight was departing from Gate 33B. We were originally meant to fly on an Airbus A319 (never been on an A319). But unfortunately a few months earlier it was changed to an A320 (which I have flown on loads of times). So I was hoping we would fly on N361VA, which is the only VX A320 with Sharklets. As we were waiting for our plane to come to our gate, I saw N361VA arrive! But she went to another gate! A few minutes later another A320 comes around the corner and into our gate. Didn’t see the rego so I’d just have to wait.

Virgin America Airbus A319 N530VA parked next to our plane

Virgin America Airbus A320 N361VA with Sharklets!

Boarding commenced about 30 minutes before departure.

June 1, 2013
Virgin America
VX781
LAX-SEA
N841VA A320
Seat 14A

My wing view

We taxied out to RWY24L, took off, and made our way north to Seattle.

Nice view

Love the American flag on the wingtip

The flight map

In cruise over California

I see a plane heading our way!

I think it was a Southwest Boeing 737

I purchased the onboard Wi-Fi for this flight. It was pretty cool searching the internet at 36000ft. I went on flightradar24 and flightaware and tracked our flight haha! I found out that we were on N841VA. The cabin crew came through, VX offer some complimentary drinks and snacks for a price. I didn’t get anything.

Now over Oregon with some nice snowy mountains

Crater Lake, it looked pretty cool from up here!