Thread: Close Up Action
View Single Post
Old 13th March 2010, 12:54 PM
Prolific Member

Location: Sydney's Eastern Suburbs - View From Bondi To Jibbon Point And Bravo 10 South

I played a bit more with the Google Earth Cockpit View from PlanePlotter this morning, and tried using the "Record A Tour" option in Google Earth. To test this out, I recorded the arrival of QF32 VH-OQA this morning and then played it back as a movie in Google Earth. Initially there were 5 to 6 second pauses in the playback, between each new plot from PlanePlotter. A little bit of editing of the KML code and I removed this delay, however there is still a tiny pause between plots. Reading throught he KML Reference Library to see where this delay comes from (it is almost like chapters on a DVD).

If you Right Click and "Save Target As" on the link below, change the "Save As Type" to All Files (not XML), and then name the file with a .KML extension, you can follow this mornings QF32 approach from the northwest in Google Earth. Just open the file saved from the link.

http://www.16right.com/MessageBoard/...kpit Views.kml

Next task is to remove the slight pauses between the plots.

Last edited by Grahame Hutchison; 13th March 2010 at 03:31 PM.