View Single Post
Old 5th February 2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam P. View Post
Glad I don't fly out of BK any more.

BK operators can't be happy.
Indeed, Amnita Hennesy- owner of Clamback and Hennesy flying school reckons this one act is losing her about 50% of daily profit- see her blog on clahen website.

I flew out of BK last week on Wednesday and cant believe the shift that has occured since i started training there in 2005. There was a 152 at runway centre saying he was ready at runway left- he got a hammering from tower.

It seems the controllers are fed up of some of the pilots flying into BK- student pilots no doubt which often dont comply with regulations/respond to calls even. Another 152 doing a go around on circuit runway (11R) with about 8 in the circuit failed to notify tower. When Tower realized the 152 had already reached late upwind and was turning crosswind right into the path of a cherokee- 3 calls went unheeded by the pilot of the 152 until finally he responded to the sequencing instructions. Thankfully tower was there to tell the 152 to extend the upwind because the two planes came very close- me being on downwind at the time so saw it all.

I just think reducing the planes to 4 will cause bottlenecks of planes rushing on the ground to join circuit, and others coming back from the training area wanting to join circuit which could also be a problem.

Anyways just my 2 cents.