View Single Post
Old 1st January 2015, 04:02 PM

Default Last Qantas Boeing 767 service

Introduction:

The Boeing 767 is my favourite aircraft type. So with Qantas retiring them I wanted to be on the last flight. When the final flight was announced I figured I wouldn’t be able to do it due to work. But thankfully the final flight was changed from an 8pm departure from MEL to a 5pm departure. Meaning I only had to take the Saturday off and I could catch a flight home to Brisbane that night.

My mate Zac was able to secure me a seat on QF452 (which was changed to QF767). I booked the cheapest flight down to MEL which was with VA and the cheapest flight from SYD-BNE that evening which was with JQ. This report will just include the last Qantas 767 flight.

Melbourne Airport:

My Virgin Australia flight from Brisbane arrived at 1130. I met up with Zac and local spotter Aaron at the arrivals area in T3. We then walked down to T1. Aaron wasn’t on the flight; he just went in to get a couple of photos. So Zac and I then went up to the Qantas Business Class lounge where we met up with many spotters throughout the day who would be travelling on QF767.

Here are a few shots I took from the lounge.

OGU operating her penultimate Qantas service. She flew MEL-SYD-BNE.

United Boeing 787-9

OGM operating her last Qantas service from MEL-SYD

OGL arriving on her penultimate Qantas service, she would be operating QF767 to Sydney

Media taking photos before the flight

About an hour before departure we left the lounge and waited at the gate.

XZP “Retro Roo” operating the Sydney service before us

OGL nearly ready to operate her last service for Qantas

FIDS

Balloons at the gate

December 27, 2014
Qantas
QF767
MEL-SYD
VH-OGL B763
Seat 38B

Boarding

There was a bag on each seat which included a shirt, book and 767 sticker. I also pinched a couple of safety cards.