View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2013, 06:20 PM

And finally coming into the gate

We arrived on-time, disembarked the plane and made our way to customs.

MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

The line for customs at MIA was huge! Lucky we got there when we did because it looked like lots more international flights had also just arrived. It took about an hour to clear customs (not that bad I suppose). We then collected our bags and waited another 30 minutes to clear the final customs check. After that we walked to the connecting flights area, had our bags taken and went through security. We now had about 2 hours til our flight to LAX.

Grabbed something to eat and started the long walk to our gate. We would be flying on a Boeing 767 to LAX; this was our last chance to get an AA plane in the new livery. I was also hoping we would get one with winglets! We made it to our gate and there was an AA B763 in the new livery! But unfortunately it had no winglets Oh well!

N376AN, our plane to LAX

A B738 in the new livery parked next to our 767

Finally at 3pm, it was time to board!

June 10, 2013
American Airlines
AA287
MIA-LAX
N376AN B763
Seat 33A

My view

The flight to LAX was 100% full, so the cabin crew were constantly saying over the P/A for passengers to put bags under the seat in-front if it will fit! I overheard the passenger next to me on the phone. He was calling AA because he paid for an upgrade to first class, but he showed up for the flight and he was put in economy, bugger! We taxied out and took off (can’t remember which runway we used).

Southwest Florida International Airport

Leaving Florida

Over Texas

Austin International Airport

Interior, the aircraft was 21 years. Just look at those old overhead screens! And the in seat controls were dials! haha

Cruising over the desert

Chandler Municipal Airport, Phoenix, Arizona

Phoenix Goodyear Airport