Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30th August 2024, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Hyde View Post
7News Spotlight: Sept 1

Following two identical, brand-new Boeing 737 Max jets crashed within five months of each other killing 346 people on board, 7News Spotlight reports on cover-ups and lies.

This Sunday Liam Bartlett presents new evidence that shows Boeing knew of a serious fault in its 737 Max aircraft before it crashed, as families of the victims say Boeing is still hiding from accountability.

“You see, Boeing wants you to think all their problems are behind them, that they’ve paid the price for two catastrophic crashes in their planes that killed 346 people, and that they’ve learnt their lessons about what went wrong and why,” says Bartlett.

“Boeing wants you to believe they’ve accepted responsibility and now it’s completely safe to jump back on a brand-new Boeing made plane, specifically the 737 Max. But that’s a long way from the truth.”

Whistleblowers on the inside, including a former leading safety supervisor on Boeing’s assembly line, Ed Pierson, say that unless there are substantial changes within the company and improvements made on the factory floor, it’s only a matter of time before
Boeing is back in the news for all the wrong reasons.

“Now what I know, it scares me and that’s why I’m agreeing to this interview, because I feel like the public needs to know these things are going on,” Mr Pierson, who admits he’d never voluntarily fly on a 737 Max now, tells 7NEWS Spotlight.
Next week in a United States courtroom, the Department of Justice and the American aeroplane manufacturer will meet to finalise a plea deal that Boeing hopes will give it a fresh start.

Boeing has agreed to plead guilty to lying to the safety regulator, effectively criminal fraud. It sounds serious, but don’t be fooled.
What does that mean for safety over Australian skies? And should Aussie airlines be thinking twice before buying more of these planes?

Don’t miss this 7NEWS Spotlight major investigation as critical new evidence is put forward and a clearer picture is presented of how we should all feel about flying on a Boeing.

8:40pm Sunday on Seven.
The only reason journalists keep publishing stories like this is because they want to scam money out of ignorant people who don’t know any better. The 737MAX crashes were a tragedy, and yes Boeing’s design decisions directly contributed to them, but ultimately the design was amended and the aircraft is safe to fly. It’s pure misinformation to claim the aircraft is unsafe because of “new evidence” from something that has already concluded. I personally will be recommending my family and friends don’t watch this hatchet-piece, because it is obvious that it’s just journalists wanting to make money off lying about our industry.