Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 29th April 2011, 02:42 PM

Default Boeing's 787 Dreamliner the quietest jumbo yet? (VIDEOS)

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere yet, first I've seen of it, but amazing the difference in this... I still can't wait to see it in JQ/QF scheme!

Quote:
YOU'LL be stunned into silence watching a new video of Boeing's 787 Dreamliner jet being put to the noise test.

In stark contrast to most jumbo jets, the Dreamliner is so quiet that the sound of birds chirping and cameras clicking near the runway drown out the sound of its approach
It goes on, and the video(s) are great as well. However, the comparision between the 707 and the 787, (at the bottom of the page) to me, is a little extreme in opposites... Perhaps a 767 may have been a better match?

SOURCE: - news.com.au

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images
Old 29th April 2011, 02:57 PM

...just like a dyson vacuum cleaner.

I do agree that the last vid was a little dramatic.

I hope it doesn't get to the point where we will hardly hear a plane spooling up anymore. The noise is all part of the experience!!
Old 29th April 2011, 03:39 PM

I really love the sound of jets, hate seeing the EA engined A380's because it's a reminder of whats to come, especially considering the size of it and how quiet it is. If that can be one of the quietest aircraft around then a 787 surely can be VERY quiet.

However I reckon it may have some ok sound in it because this video here shows it fly overhead just before landing and she has a really nice different sound to her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2kT5iib7T0
Old 29th April 2011, 05:43 PM

Away from the 787, if you want to hear a neat sound go to http://kpae.blogspot.com/ and have a listen to the sound of the Lufthansa 748i returning from it's first flight ,there's bit of fancy " foot and stick work" going on as well.