Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27th October 2009, 07:34 PM

Very true Chris, some people must think it costs nothing to stage events like this.
Old 27th October 2009, 08:19 PM

I have no problem in paying to go to sports events (Paying $500 for a one day ticket to the Nurburgring for the German GP this year is proof), but I expect certain luxuries with my ticket price, one of them being a seat.

I refuse to pay $20 to stand in a field like a sheep, barely being able to see anything. Hence I will purchase a grand stand ticket, but to expect people to pay for the privelidge of standing on a piece of dirty grass make little sense.
Old 5th March 2010, 08:31 AM
YSSY Forum Administrator

Any further updates to this? There doesn't appear to be any mention of the pay sections for South Perth here:
http://www.westernaustralia.com/RedB...formation.aspx
http://www.westernaustralia.com/RedB...Ticketing.aspx
http://www.redbullairrace.com/cs/Sat...=1238611393596

Quote:
The Red Bull Air Race is a free event for anyone to attend.

The best vantage point is Sir James Mitchell Park, South Perth on the South Perth foreshore. All the action will be screened on video walls located at vantage points along the South Perth foreshore, providing a day of free family entertainment.

Also, who is planning on actually going?
Old 5th March 2010, 08:57 PM

Luke from the Perf orifice please ident.
Old 5th March 2010, 09:11 PM

Luke has offered free accom, big breakfast and aero dinners for this event to all you yssy folk. So please message him and take him up on this offer. Being a good bloke he will pick you up from airport and give you a lift back once this sport weekend is over.
Old 7th March 2010, 12:44 PM

Default Free event for public

G'day folks,

The WA government has acquired great skill in terms of ensuring events organisers either bypass Perth or move established events to other capital cities.

On this occasion though, the situation is different.

Quote:
Mon 14 December, 2009

New partnership secures free general admission for the Red
Bull Air Race

The State Government today announced that both the 2010 and 2011 Red Bull Air Races
would include free general admission to ensure the race catered for the entire community.

Tourism Minister Liz Constable welcomed a new partnership between Tourism WA and event
holders, Red Bull Air Race GmbH, ensuring spectators will not have to pay to enjoy the race.

As part of the new partnership, the Government also secured additional promotional
opportunities by extending the agreement to include sponsorship of the only Australian race
pilot, rising star ex-RAAF top gun Matt Hall.

As in past years, spectators will have the option to purchase grandstand tickets and premium
corporate hospitality packages.

“This is a coup for the people of Perth, particularly for families, who want to come down to the
river and enjoy the Red Bull Air Race for free,” Dr Constable said.

“For the first time, Western Australia and Perth branding will appear on Matt Hall’s race plane,
race suit and team wear at all air races around the world during the next two years.

“When in Perth, Matt Hall will also be filmed in some of WA’s best tourist spots which will then
be broadcast at all Red Bull Air Race events on the big screens to put the State in front of five
million spectators around the world.”

Matt Hall recently completed his rookie year in the Red Bull competition, finishing in third
place.

The Minister said more than 300,000 people had lined the banks of the Swan River for
previous races.

“A free FM broadcast will make live commentary available for attending spectators, including
those watching from boats, so they can follow all the action,” she said.

The Red Bull Air Race returns to Perth on April 17-18, 2010. The world’s greatest race pilots
will fly through a challenging track over the Swan River through inflatable air gates reaching
speeds up to 370kmh and withstanding forces of up to 12G.
Source : Tourism WA media centre
Old 7th March 2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Griffiths View Post
There are a whole lot of major sporting events that I wish I could get a reasonable view of for $20!

Doesn't seem that bad to me.
why pay $20 when you can see it for free outside the fence?

Next Flights:
MEL-HKG-HND-HKG-JFK-HKG-NRT-HKG-MEL/CX
Old 8th March 2010, 05:51 PM

Still very bitter about losing the World Rally Championship...still I've heard nothing in the way of good news about a new contract or extending the current RBAR deal.
Old 11th March 2010, 06:54 AM
Prolific Member

Default Matt Hall buzzing Sydney Harbour

As per the below report. By the time I finish typing this the display is probably over!

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...-1225839393532

Quote:
Top gun pilot races over Sydney Harbour

SYDNEYSIDERS be forgiven for thinking the city's under attack from the air this morning.

Australian top gun pilot Matt Hall is taking to the skies over the harbour city in a Giles 202 racing plane shortly before 7.40am AEDT.

At speeds approaching 400km/h he'll follow the Parramatta River to Sydney Harbour then "buzz" the bridge and inner harbour area for several minutes.

He'll next head for Rose Bay to turn on some air race tricks, including manoeuvres like the "Half Cubin" and the "Knife Edge" as well making some low-level passes.

The 38-year-old former RAAF fighter pilot is one of the world's finest race aces.

He is in Sydney to promote the Red Bull Air Race World Championship, to be held in Perth on April 17 and 19.
Old 7th April 2010, 06:26 PM

I wonder if we'll see any of this in Perth....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGu45s1_QPU