Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st December 2011, 12:45 PM

Live to air was also free on my short flight the other day, not that I ever use it!
Old 1st December 2011, 04:32 PM

Live to air has been free for about 6 months.
Old 1st December 2011, 04:41 PM

Jake, if you think a Dash 300 seat is better than one in a 737, I can recommend a good Chiropractor.
Old 1st December 2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob R View Post
Live to air has been free for about 6 months.
That would explain it then, last time I flew Virgin was on ZPT, no live to air there!
On another note though, I think that ZPT wins at being the most comfortable aircraft I've ever flown on
Old 1st December 2011, 05:15 PM

I flew VBA to Sydney on Tues. Old seats & live to air. Enoyed the flight appart from being a 6am departure... Flew back yesterday on VUV. Old colors but new seats. Seem to be a decrease in pitch? Or could be just me. DJ you need to get that RED system...
Old 1st December 2011, 05:17 PM

Luke, VH-VBA is long gone although theyre pretty much the same except VBY
Old 1st December 2011, 05:28 PM

If anyone thinks the seats in the older 737s are bad, try riding an ATR-72. I flew on FVL today and I have to say it is the worst aircraft I have ever flown on, padding in the seats and noise insulation appears to be non-existsant.
29/3/24 QF2078 (TQH)
29/3/24 QF945 (VXA)
17/3/24 QF1268 (X4A)
17/3/24 QF1267 (X4A)
1/3/24 QF1274 (X4A)
1/3/24 QF1269 (X4B)
Old 1st December 2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bowrey View Post
Luke, VH-VBA is long gone although theyre pretty much the same except VBY
Dam. That 4am rise after a hard days work before really got to me. Thanks for the correction.
Old 1st December 2011, 07:14 PM
Lukas M

4 years until the Red goes...(quoted from their site)

Quote:
Q: I am seeing some planes which still state Virgin Blue, V Australia, Pacific Blue, Polynesian Blue; will these be changed to reflect the new name?
A: Yes, our aircraft will have new livery with the entire fleet scheduled to be completed within 4 years.

Q: Why will it take 4 years to change the livery on the entire fleet?
A:Virgin Australia has scheduled new livery and interior changes over an extended period to minimise the operational impact for our Guests and keep up with demand to have our aircraft in the air. Additionally, we’re upgrading our fleet with new aircraft over the next four years, which will be delivered with new interiors and livery.
Old 7th December 2011, 08:09 AM

Poly Blue now renamed to Virgin Samoa.

Quote:
The Government of Samoa and joint venture partner, Virgin Australia group of airlines, today unveiled a new brand and livery for the country’s national airline – Virgin Samoa.

The Hon. Tuilaepa Sailele Malielegaoi, Prime Minister of Samoa, said: “Our vision when entering our Polynesian Blue joint venture in 2005 was to create a national airline that would be financially strong and that would provide growth opportunities and financial stability for our country. We have achieved these goals.”

“Today our vision is to bring a new level of service and style to our guests as we partner in the evolution of Virgin Australia. This name and branding provides a new level of professionalism for our national airline; a new style; of which the people of Samoa can be proud.”

Chief Executive Officer of Virgin Samoa (formerly Polynesian Blue), Mark Pitt, said the new brand and aircraft livery delivers a fresh, contemporary and sophisticated look, consistent with its partner Virgin Australia but with a uniquely Samoan flavour; featuring elements such as a palm tree motif on the fuselage; the words “airline of Samoa” under the window line near the front doors; and a specially designed tatau pattern on the engines
Link To Release