Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th May 2008, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jones View Post
Every single time I have flown Tiger, from several different ports, the check-in agent has been more than happy to consider my seating request, and on many occasions I have gotten the emergency exit row.
I think the Launceston Check-In Crew are abit tough

Old 8th May 2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Mahoney View Post
the seat pitch is 29 on VNB and 30 on VNC,VND,VNF.
I am keen to know how 30" is achievable. JQ has 16 rows from the row after the OW exit rows to the aft RH lav (or both aft lavs on some a/c) with 30" pitch. If Tiger have a lav on both sides, and 17 rows behind the OW exits (to accommodate 180Y), then their seat pitch MUST be 28". Tiger also has forward bulkheads on both sides, do they not? This means a seat pitch of 29-30". That being said, if they have 'full bulkheads' that sit flush with the o/head lockers then forward cabin seat pitch is definately 29".

Note the on JQ the seat pitch is reduced in 4 or 5 rows forward of the OW exits on the RH side to accommodate the forward RH bulkhead (no bulkhead on LH side). Seat pitch in these rows is reduced to 29".

I have only seen pics of Tiger Oz's cabin so I can only go off those.
Old 8th May 2008, 08:59 AM

This is probably being highly simplified, but JQ and TT both put 180 seats in their A320s. Both have minimal galleys etc. So surely overall the seat pitch is the same.

Also I noted on a recent Tiger flight that an announcement made about emergency exits, referred to rows 1, 12, 13 and 30? I didn't make it to the back, but do they have a row of seats adjacent to the back door? I would find that highly unusual for an A320.
Old 8th May 2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Also I noted on a recent Tiger flight that an announcement made about emergency exits, referred to rows 1, 12, 13 and 30? I didn't make it to the back, but do they have a row of seats adjacent to the back door? I would find that highly unusual for an A320.
Doubt It, I will take some photos on my next TT flight of the Seating arrangements as Im always at the back

Old 8th May 2008, 12:36 PM

Just to add a bit of information to the fray...

On Jetstar A320s we have 177 seats; 30 rows on aircraft-left (ABC) and 29 rows on aircraft-right (DEF).

We have a half-galley down in the aft so the lav sits in the half where a full-size galley would normally be, therefore we can have an extra row on the left. But there is no window there for the Alpha passenger and row 30 is usually one of the last to be filled because we try and block it for crew-rest.

However, on some of our aircraft that are leased or have come in from JQ Asia and other carriers (-JQW is one of them, the "Turkish Delight" one), they have only 174 seats because there is a full aft galley and therefore a lav sits on the LHS too, meaning 29 rows on both sides.

I haven't seen the inside of a Tiger A320 so if they have the same full aft galley with 2 lavs and yet they still seat 180 then I would imagine their seat pitch would have to be less.

As for the pitch being less on the RHS forward of the overwing because of that fwd bulkhead, I've never noticed that. As far as I can visually remember row 1 DEF starts at the same point as ABC - but I'll have a squiz at that next time!
Old 9th May 2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
This is probably being highly simplified, but JQ and TT both put 180 seats in their A320s. Both have minimal galleys etc. So surely overall the seat pitch is the same.

Steve -
Yes, Mate. Too simplified. 3 JQ 320s have the full galley and two lavs forward of the aft doors. This is the same set up as Tiger yet JQ only have 174 in that config.

Brendan -
I am shocked you have not noticed that! The offset is definately there. Look for reduced pitch in rows 2,3,4,5,6 and 11 DEF, from memory. How else do you explain the room for the galley bulkhead?