Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th May 2008, 11:32 AM

Default Tiger Airways Seat Selection

Hi,

Was trying to book a flight on Tiger Airways, and it gives you the option to choose your seats "which you have to pay for" - $8 for standard and $32 for preferred.

It only appears to let me do the "preferred" which I feel is a rip off to pay that sort of money to choose a seat. I want to choose a "standard" seat. Anyone know how I do that and why it is only giving me "preferred" seating please? Maybe it is a matter of just choosing a seat that is classed as standard?

Thanks,

Steve S.
Old 5th May 2008, 11:41 AM

Hi all,

Sorry, I just realised it is charging me $8 "per seat" for three passengers each way ie ($8 x $6 = $48).

Jetstar and Virgin Blue don't charge to choose your own seats.

I am not going to book the flights.

Regards,

Steve S.
Old 5th May 2008, 01:06 PM

Dont Pay the Tiger Seat Selection, just observe if there's many people's on board then pick your own seat. At Checkin tell them you want Emergency Exit, I did and no charge.

Thats how they make there money though

Old 5th May 2008, 02:29 PM

Yeah if you look at the booking page, there's no obligation to choose a seat. And from my experience, very few people cough up for the exit row, so if you're early enough at check-in, you're more than likely to get it free of charge. The exit row was great last week on MEL-DRW, I can assure you!
Old 5th May 2008, 02:59 PM

How does tiger's seats/legroom compare to qf's 738's and JQ a320?
Old 5th May 2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys Xanthis View Post
How does tiger's seats/legroom compare to qf's 738's and JQ a320?
From what I've heard its 28-29 inch pitch on Tiger. Compared to 31 inches on QF, 30 inches on JQ and 30-33 inches on DJ.

So if you ever fly TT you'd want a VERY strong tailwind on your flight

Jason
Old 5th May 2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Carruthers View Post
From what I've heard its 28-29 inch pitch on Tiger. Compared to 31 inches on QF, 30 inches on JQ and 30-33 inches on DJ.

So if you ever fly TT you'd want a VERY strong tailwind on your flight

Jason
Thats what ive heard as well, but ive talked to an uncle who said it was just like QF....wondering if anyone had any personal experience..
Old 5th May 2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys Xanthis View Post
Thats what ive heard as well, but ive talked to an uncle who said it was just like QF....wondering if anyone had any personal experience..
After flying tiger about 20times (yes 9.95 fares all over the country), the seat pitch is 29 on VNB and 30 on VNC,VND,VNF. The cloth seats are a nice change to JQ and they reminded me of QF. The tiger staff will ask most people if they want emergency row, so the earlier the better Otherwise just walk on last if its not full and select your own seat. Also noticed the newer A320 interior on ND,NF,NC

Old 5th May 2008, 09:13 PM

Be careful. I have flown tiger a number of times and have been told that if you do not select a seat and therefore pay for it on booking, then you "get what you're given" on check in, and it's not open for debate or consideration from/with the highly trained person behind the counter.
Old 6th May 2008, 08:13 AM

Every single time I have flown Tiger, from several different ports, the check-in agent has been more than happy to consider my seating request, and on many occasions I have gotten the emergency exit row.