Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion

Old 21st March 2008, 01:12 PM

Default East West Airlines Hudson colour info required

Hi all,

Looking for information regarding the colour schemes for EWA Hudsons that they used after World War 2. I have searched on the net (the AU lockheed site)and have the book by Archie Smith "East West Eagles". Both sources do not provide an appreciation of what was applied. I do not have the Wilson Ailriners books , so not sure what info that would have. Does anyone know who I could contact about East West Hudsons?

The one I am interested in is now flown by the Temora avaition museum.

From what I can gther, the aircraft were natural metal. Had the rego on the tail and had "East West Airlines" on the fuselage in red letters with white outlines. The aircraft has a cheatline and the area in front of the windscreen is a dark colour which I have no idea. Might be black, maybe blue. A lockheeed Hudson badge was on the nose.

If anyone has any further information or knows where I could go to get more, I would be most pleased.

I would also appreciate if someone could look at there Airliners in Service books by Stewart Wilson to see what he has in there.

Thanks in advance.

Tony
Old 22nd March 2008, 04:45 PM

Try the W.A. museum as I am sure I have seen some pics when I was searching for MMA photos.