Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements

Old 25th July 2012, 12:43 PM

For your Info: it is 550RVR or 800RV (runway visibility). RVR is measured by laser sights, RV is measured by human sight, hence the greater requirement. There are places, perth for example, that do not have the RVR measuring equipment.
Old 25th July 2012, 01:32 PM
Prolific Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Little View Post
Brisbane has already had VS200, VA2, QF568, QF22, JL771, DL17, B-LEX (BBJ from HKG), UA863, QF12 and UA839.
Also EY450 is diverting to Melbourne.
Add Air China as well to BNE.B-6076 a Logo jet.
Old 25th July 2012, 02:53 PM

Unfortunately MEL got nothing that it already gets,EY A346,SQ A380,CX A330,SQ 744F,5Y 744F.
Old 25th July 2012, 05:02 PM

I made a video of the flights i filmed departing Sydney Airport today from my Balcony. These were some of the delayed flights ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fvrpcl1FYs&feature=plcp
Old 25th July 2012, 08:00 PM

All planes from HKG were delayed due to typhoon.

VS 200 - arrive BNE early in the morning but depart at the evening from BNE to SYD. It should be arrive SYD at about 8pm. Very late. Then VS has to cancel the flight back to HKG due to SYD curfew.
Old 26th July 2012, 07:58 AM

Another issue for the domestic airlines yesterday was Canberra also having fog.
Old 26th July 2012, 08:10 AM

Talking

Nigel, a runway lights count is only valid for RV, as opposed to the RVR measured by instruments.

David N, fog often has clearer patches as it moves through, and Asiana may have been lucky to be arriving at the time when this was happening.

If I were a cynic, I might say they just autolanded with the prevailing conditions anyway But that wouldn't be nice
Old 26th July 2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory Delaney View Post
I made a video of the flights i filmed departing Sydney Airport today from my Balcony. These were some of the delayed flights ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fvrpcl1FYs&feature=plcp
Awesome video...

although i dont think Air Canada was diverted yesterday. Delay was more to do with holding pattern and ground delays. Someone can confirm this.
Old 26th July 2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrie L View Post
All planes from HKG were delayed due to typhoon.

VS 200 - arrive BNE early in the morning but depart at the evening from BNE to SYD. It should be arrive SYD at about 8pm. Very late. Then VS has to cancel the flight back to HKG due to SYD curfew.
it seems that typhoon really affected CX operations, delays still today 2 days later, normally back to normal within 24 hours

maybe unexpected raising of #10 caught CX on the hop

see one Dragonair plane sat on the runway for 6 hours with all passengers aboard, unable to move or unload
Old 26th July 2012, 11:39 AM

I got caught in the fog issues in Sydney yesterday. Was booked with Virgin on 8am flight to Brisvegas which was duly cancelled. Then rebooked on 10am flight which was delayed until 1110....and then cancelled! They then informed the next available flight to YBBN was 1700
I went back to checkin desk and magaged to jag a seat on the 1200 flight...which left about 1pm. I walked into my Brissie office about 1545 instead of 10am!!
Best thing was my checked bag managed to track with me through all the changes and actually arrived on the same flight..well done guys