Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th June 2011, 02:52 PM

Default VH-YVA Virgin Australia First Flight

Moderators please do not transfer this to the Next New Deliveries thread.
Sunday 5th June 2011@ 11:05am
Virgin Australia
B737-8FE
VH-YVA
7C7C74
MP-KR
BOE802
Dept RTN 10:27 PDT ETA BFI??:?? Via MWH
Old 6th June 2011, 03:07 PM

But WHY must there be a NEW thread for EACH new delivery or first flight?

I've said it before and I will say it again, can you please not consolidate all of these type of posts into a single thread?

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images
Old 6th June 2011, 03:30 PM

Maybe the mods, could either create a sticky under spotting and movements for New Deliveries. This could also be for deliveries to other airlines around the world.

Cheers

Michael

http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaeldawson/
Old 6th June 2011, 03:31 PM

Does it matter? How quiet does it need to be in here?
Old 6th June 2011, 04:42 PM

^^
Maybe, maybe not... BUT I like (and prefer) the way Graham does ALL of the ACARS in a single thread, AND the way in which the WEEKLY Corporate Movements are consolidated into a single thread...

I am purely thinking of 'housekeeping' in that just how many, single post threads do we need, and if there was a count, I am sure that the majority would be in this theme...

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images
Old 6th June 2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie P View Post
^^
Maybe, maybe not... BUT I like (and prefer) the way Graham does ALL of the ACARS in a single thread, AND the way in which the WEEKLY Corporate Movements are consolidated into a single thread...

I am purely thinking of 'housekeeping' in that just how many, single post threads do we need, and if there was a count, I am sure that the majority would be in this theme...
Tottaly agree, keep them in the delivery thread, the posts are about upcoming deliveries.
BOE: 717 (200), 737 (300,400,700,800), 747 (400), 767 (300), 777 (300), 787 (8,9)
DHC: DH3, DH4
EMB: E70, E90
FKR: F100
SWR: SW4
Old 7th June 2011, 03:13 AM

I dont want to waste my time searching through 25 Pages to find the info I might require on a newer airframe. Thats why I like to post a single thread, its easy to find.
Old 7th June 2011, 08:05 AM

Thumbs down Time For A Tidy Up I Think...

BUT, ALL all YOU would have to do is a simle seach (you know, the little button up the top there) OR go to your profile and search for posts by you...

In 0.09 seconds, it came up with 500 posts!!!

Search > Advance Search > Search By User Name > (Drop Down Box) Option 1 Find Posts By User OR Option 2 Find Threads Started By User...

I am NOT having a go, I'd just like to see a little more housekeeping where as multiple threads of the same subject matter (these are all either NEW Deliveries OR First Flights) kept tidy in a single thread... To which, by your own admission, you'd be able to easliy find given it'll be in a single place!!

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images
Old 7th June 2011, 09:53 AM
Senior Moderator

First of all lets keep this civil. We (the moderation team) spend a lot of our spare time cleaning up around here and stopping you blokes getting yourselves in trouble, we're not going to spend extra time creating threads for each topic and moving stuff into them.

That said, we're more than happy to create stickies if someone wants to make a thread for each month on new deliveries with a clear title (New Deliveries - July 2011, etc), that would be tidy and easy to reference. But we think special/unusual movements should get their own threads rather than grouping them into a month long thread, which would make them easy to miss for our users who just like to have a quick glance.
Old 7th June 2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie P View Post
I am NOT having a go, I'd just like to see a little more housekeeping where as multiple threads of the same subject matter (these are all either NEW Deliveries OR First Flights) kept tidy in a single thread... To which, by your own admission, you'd be able to easliy find given it'll be in a single place!!
I wasn't being 'uncivil (is that a word?? ) I was just trying to point out that hundreds of single threads being started, that CAN be in a single and easy to find thread, should be IN a single thread... Others can do it, I can't see why in this case, it can't be (or WONT be)...

I am all for a tidy house, but this is getting beyond the joke, especially when the OP pointed it out, requesting this NOT be moved when as far as I can see, it should be moved...

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images