Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20th November 2011, 02:17 PM

Default Perth Airport Viewing Area

I took an early trip out to the airport this morning to check on progress since I was last there two weeks ago.

Work appears to be nearing completion and hopefully the target opening date of "November 2011” will be met.

The area has been nicely landscaped with plenty of wood chip mulch and “native” bushes in evidence. A tan coloured footpath meanders from what will be the car park up to the viewing area. Pine log handrails line the footpath and will be of great help to those who need assistance walking up to the viewing area which is probably 5 metres or more above ground level.

A small “bus shelter” like structure has been erected on the viewing area which appears to have a dark fence around it. It’s difficult to tell from ground level how large the area is, or what form it takes. The “bus shelter” has a small curved, aluminium coloured roof on it but it’s open on both sides as well as the rear so may not afford a great deal of shelter.

Hopefully what appears to be the car park will have bitumen laid as I think it could get quite dusty in summer and muddy in winter. I also hope that adequate signage will be erected along Dunreath Drive as some motorists do use it as a speed way and it may become quite dangerous as enthusiasts and others slow down or stop before turning into the car park.

Cheers and good spotting

Bob
Old 20th November 2011, 07:26 PM

Hi Bob, I was there the same weekend as CHOGM. Drove past several times. The work was still ongoing, but probably would have been closed anyway for security reasons. Looks like a great spot, and I look forward to returning at some time (will check the calender for such events more closely next time)