Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Closed Thread

Old 30th January 2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Yeah, after all, Lleyton has only won two Grand Slam singles titles and has been runner up twice, won one Grand Slam doubles event, has more than 70 ATP careers wins, two Davis Cup titles and two runners up, two Masters Cup titles, ranked world number one for 18 months in 2001-2003, two time ATP Player of the Year, about US$18 million in career prize money...

Yeah, I'd call that pretty useless!
Your living in the past mate. He is not a contender anymore. Bowed out 1st round of the Oz Open.
Old 30th January 2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickN View Post
Your living in the past mate. He is not a contender anymore. Bowed out 1st round of the Oz Open.
I have lost alot of respect for him, he needs to fucs more on hes tennis and less time selling hes stories to the magazines!
Old 30th January 2009, 09:50 AM

If only young Aussies had 5% of the G and D that Lleyton has...

If only... wouldn't Australia be a more go-ahead country!

The Tall Poppy syndrome is alive and well in our country.

Nick, you obviously know nothing about the last 20 years of Lleyton's life and the iconic achievements of Lleyton's parent's and his grandparent's. The Hewitt Family is all about achievement and excellence.

Last edited by Robert Zweck; 30th January 2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 30th January 2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Zweck View Post
had not has
Old 30th January 2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickN View Post
...ain a 5-setter gainst the world's 14th ranked player Fernando Gonzalez MATE after having six months off with injury MATE!
Old 30th January 2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Zweck View Post

If only... wouldn't Australia be a more go-ahead country!

The Tall Poppy syndrome is alive and well in our country.

Nick, you obviously know nothing about the last 20 years of Lleyton's life and the iconic achievements of Lleyton's parent's and his grandparent's. The Hewitt Family is all about achievement and excellence.
all well and good, but their son is about as tactful as a sledgehammer, perhaps he missed their tutelage when growing up, has he grown up yet? c'mon!

and saying that young aussies don't have his G and D is nonsense, I am a young Aussie and I can tell you from now, I've been thru the ringer more times in my 34 years than Hewitt's pumped Bec...and I am still here.

Next Flights:
MEL-HKG-HND-HKG-JFK-HKG-NRT-HKG-MEL/CX
Old 30th January 2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
...ain a 5-setter gainst the world's 14th ranked player Fernando Gonzalez MATE after having six months off with injury MATE!
Stop making excuses for him. He hasn't done anything remarkable in recent times. He is in the twilight of his career. He is a has been. I appreciate he is trying to keep up with the worlds best but he is simply not one of them anymore.

Quote:
Nick, you obviously know nothing about the last 20 years of Lleyton's life and the iconic achievements of Lleyton's parent's and his grandparent's. The Hewitt Family is all about achievement and excellence
First of all, who cares. And second of all if the discussion was about the Hewitt family as a whole I'd read about them and care, however as it happens we are talking about Lleyton.

I agree with Montague (quick it's a Kodak moment) that plenty of young aussies have plenty of G&D, more so than Lleyton Hewitt.

Thank you ball boys, thank you umpires - this match has concluded - mod
Closed Thread