Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 26th March 2008, 03:13 PM

One post from a respectable Aussie A.net member suggests that SFO will not be serviced any time soon..just LAX. I wouldn't be the least bit suprised if this were true considering how heavily focused QF is on LAX compared to SFO.

It's a bit of a bummer though coz I fly out that way 1 or twice a year and always head for SFO... but ah well, willing to put up with LAX if it means I get to try out V Australia or even QF's A380.
Old 26th March 2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie d View Post
Hi,

I read on airliners.net that Sir Richard is meant to be in melbourne on the 27th March for a big announcement regarding V australia and also Air Asia X. And that following this V Australia Fares will go on sale during or after Getaway that night.

J

Not sure how reliable that 'sale during or after Getaway' part is, but it does seem like Thursday will be the big day. Waiting anxiously!!
Old 27th March 2008, 08:24 PM

I've heard there's an announcement in Sydney on Monday, March 31. Just waiting on the media advisory now...
Old 28th March 2008, 03:57 PM

Found this:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=SfPOOnvV_jA

Old 28th March 2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Just waiting on the media advisory now
Confirmed for Mon 31st at 10.00
Old 28th March 2008, 06:14 PM

Thank heavans we know, but is this the whole "Website Launch" or just the Branson Conference etc

Source??

Old 28th March 2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Mahoney View Post
Thanks for the link Lukas. From the looks of it, it seems like this YouTube ad' was created for the US market since it highlights all of the typical tourist-appealing Aussie icons and attractions.

Gotta say though, the V Australia 773ER in those CAD animations looks fantastic!! Can't wait for later in the year when Scott L' delivers us some early pics of the aircraft from BFI.
Old 28th March 2008, 06:56 PM

Just a quick something.... having a look at the V Festival website (Link Here), the Sydney event is schedule for Saturday 29th at Centennial Park. Since V Australia will be based in Sydney, we may well get an announcement tomorrow.

Edit: Scrap that speculation. Just read at another board from a very respected member there that he's almost certain the announcement will be on Monday 31st. Branson will be up in Brisbane tomorrow to open the new Virgin Blue headquarters and also for the Virgin Blue Hanger Ball.

This particular member also stated that the first route will be SYD-LAX (as expected) and once the second aircraft comes online BNE-LAX will commence.

Last edited by Shameel Kumar; 28th March 2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 28th March 2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameel Kumar View Post
Just a quick something.... having a look at the V Festival website (Link Here, the Sydney event is schedule for Saturday 29th at Centennial Park. Since V Australia will be based in Sydney, we may well get an announcement tomorrow.
It would be great if you were correct, as the sooner the better!!, but this whole setup has been kept under wraps and nobody knows what to expect

From The "Youtube Commercial", fake or real, its a good ad, and shows the beauties this great country has to offer

Old 28th March 2008, 07:11 PM

I dont think the ad is real... not enough branding for V Australia for a launch product.

Also I dont recall seeing the pacific blue ad that he has posted on his profile either