Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements

Old 29th March 2016, 03:59 PM
Prolific Member

I enjoy the pictures despite having a meagre download allowance on my mobile/tablet, and I can always go into my profile and turn off image display in posts if it bothers me .
Old 9th June 2021, 04:52 AM
Prolific Member

A bit of an overdue update, they were moved off airport last month to a private property.

Quote:
PEOPLE have lined to the streets to catch a glimpse of a Boeing 737-200 as it left Perth Airport and hit the open road bound for its new permanent home in a paddock in York.

The jet airliner left the airport just after 11am and is travelling along Roe Hwy and Great Eastern Hwy on its way to the White Gum Air Park in the Avon Valley.

The plane, once the pride and joy of the low-cost OzJet fleet, has been parked at Perth Airport since the airline went into administration in 2009.

Since then it has deteriorated and accumulated parking fees in excess of its value.
https://thewest.com.au/news/perth/re...erth-c-2820931
Old 15th June 2021, 12:17 PM

"pride and joy" ?? More like "disappointment and misery" for anyone that was left owed money but OzJet.
The people of Perth must be awfully bored if they lined up to watch these ancient hulks being carted away
Old 15th June 2021, 01:56 PM

Hi Rampdog

I live in Perth and can assure you that I was one of the hundreds of thousands of people who DID NOT line the streets !

The "West" has exaggerated again.