Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26th January 2010, 01:06 AM

Default Casa Licence

Hi Guys, I'm B2 and ICAO typ II Licence given by Federal aviation authority Russian Federation. Holder With Type Ratings. To Work In Australia I Have To Have A CASA. Licence First or I can work Under supervision? Thanks
Old 26th January 2010, 03:12 AM
Prolific Member

G'day Zahid,

Probably the best people to contact would be CASA themselves. There's also bound to be more information at www.casa.gov.au

Regards
Old 26th January 2010, 09:59 PM

If you're after licence info, as Nigel suggests contact CASA directly. For talking to others, this is probably the wrong message board. As much as I hate to suggest it, www.PPRuNe.org has a LOT of people from different backgrounds who might be able to set you on the right path.
Old 27th January 2010, 05:11 PM

I work within TAFE and we undertake assessments of foreign aviation tradesmen prior to them undertaking a diploma course. As has been said, CASA is the best agency to talk to initially.

Recognition of training outside of Australia is not easy and even with an EASA B2 licence, we would need to cross check that with what CASA recognises. Its easier to talk to them first rather than some other training agency, as CASA is the ultimate decision maker.

We have seen some very qualified people, including foreign trade instructors, and essentially they have had to restart training from scratch as CASA would not allow us to recognise their training. Its basically them covering themselves as they issue the licence and if something goes wrong and its found out later that the foreign training was inadequate, then CASA would be in the wrong to a degree.

We are audited regulary to ensure we meet CASA requirements.

As for getting work, you may find that companies would employ you based on your qualifications and experiance as a tradesman, without the ability to sign for work as a supervisor, or release aircraft until your qualifications were recognised.
Old 27th January 2010, 08:05 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks all who is tring to guied me . There is an information that it is possible to conevert my ICAO Licence and I can work as AME and to becom a Lame I have to get through ICertificate IV in Aeroskills In Australia. I want to discus one thing more that as I am graduate from The Moscow State technical university of civil Aviation.
I have compleat 5,5 years Digree in “Maintenance of Aircraft electrical and Avionics. Can I get assessment of my University digree to become a LAME?
Regards
Old 28th January 2010, 04:28 AM

As i said above Zahid, talk to CASA regarding your current qualifications and what they will recognise.

It is certainly possible that your current qualifications would give you a certificate IV in Aeroskills here in Australia, and possibly even meet diploma requirements. You currently need both to meet the theoretical component of the EASA licencing requirements. You can then do type courses, and obtain type experiance to obtain a licence under the new EASA scheme.

The fact that you have a B2 licence should allow CASA to give you a pretty good indication of what you need to do, if anything, to obtain an Australian B2 licence.
Old 2nd February 2010, 02:04 AM

Default thanks

G,Day Damien,

I wrote directly to CASA and got answer. I have to send them document of my qualification and expirence for assessment. Please can you tell about NEW EASA scheme. I could not find more about it.