Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th August 2011, 04:24 PM

Default 747 Business class - Qantas?

Hi,

I am looking at booking an upcoming flight to travel in Business class for the first time.

Having never been 'upstairs' on a 747, I ask if it differs in any way with the 'downstairs' business class section?
Is there a website which offers comparison photos?

I have been looking at a few current seat maps/pax loadings and it seems the down stairs Business class is always more 'empty' then upstairs.
Is it just the secluded 'atmosphere' which makes upstairs more appealing then downstairs in J class?

On a related note, the flight I am looking at is a multi-leg international flight, where I will be travelling on the 2nd leg of the flight.
Looking at the seat maps I see that there are some empty business class seats, but also the entire 'row 4' of First Class, is unoccupied.
In the event that 'row 4' becomes available only for the 2nd leg of the flight (and given that I will be boarding at this time) is there a chance I would be able to chose one of those seats from the online seat selector on the qantas website....or will the J class passengers who are already on that flight (flying from its original port) have preference over me?

I know frequent flyer status plays its part when it comes to upgrades, although does this stand for stage 2 of a multi leg flight?

.....if my wording makes any sense to you...
Cheers