Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Trip Reports
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8th April 2012, 08:17 PM

Default Last Singapore Airlines Boeing 747 flights - 6th April 2012

Singapore Airlines B747 commemorative farewell flights

Introduction:

In February 2012, I was booking flights with Singapore Airlines for Asia when I noticed the commemorative farewell flight was announced. So, without delay, I made sure I got seats on both flights - SQ747 and SQ748 SIN-HKG-SIN. As my occupation has nothing to do with aviation but my interest is aviation, it was an event I couldn't go without.

So once I had the commemorative flights booked, it was to Qantas to get my flights to Singapore arranged. With QF51 and QF52 booked, I was there, almost! Just had to wait.

The following is what transpired, it was the best flights I have ever taken and a credit to Singapore Airlines - truly a great way to fly!

Thursday, 5th April 2012

My ride to Singapore, Qantas 747-400 VH-OJU.
Departed Brisbane 1340 hours

DSC02379.jpg

I applied for upgrade to Business with points and so I was seated in 2A, old first class cabin in OJU.

DSC02392.jpg

After arriving in Singapore, it was off to the hotel to await Friday's events - the final Boeing 747 flight for Singapore Airlines.

Friday, 6th April 2012

I was up at 4AM and gone by 5AM off to Changi to check-in for the historic flight.

Being NZ*Gold, I was able to enter the KrisFlyer lounge in terminal 3. I didn't stay all that long as breakfast was being served in the gate lounge.

DSC02406.jpg

The gate lounge was appropriately chosen - B7. Once 6.30AM came round, we were in.

DSC02408.jpg

DSC02412.jpg

Last edited by Dave Dale; 8th April 2012 at 09:58 PM. Reason: change font type